Harley versus Honda

severus

Blimy, the Harley started!

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many many many years ago at Mallory Park, all the bikes were on the line ready to go, engines silent and the riders ready to push off and bump start their machines. [shows how long ago it was] Suddenly from the pits came the sound of a Honda 6 roaring into life. It was Jim Redman who had been having problems getting it started. The crowd went silent as he wanged the throttle over and over until he reached the starting line.

What a fantastic noise, one that is still probably the most memorable noise heard in my life.

Needless to say Jim won by a mile or so!

What a day.

I've still got my vinyl LPs of the Isle of Man racing. No Harleys there. Just Hondas, MVs, Guzzis, Gileras etc.

Great memories

Colin

Many many many years ago at Mallory Park, all the bikes were on the line ready to go, engines silent and the riders ready to push off and bump start their machines. [shows how long ago it was] Suddenly from the pits came the sound of a Honda 6 roaring into life. It was Jim Redman who had been having problems getting it started. The crowd went silent as he wanged the throttle over and over until he reached the starting line.

What a fantastic noise, one that is still probably the most memorable noise heard in my life.

Needless to say Jim won by a mile or so!

What a day.

I've still got my vinyl LPs of the Isle of Man racing. No Harleys there. Just Hondas, MVs, Guzzis, Gileras etc.

Great memories

Colin

Good one Colin, always nice to hear another bike racing fan.

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

there's no contest really though is there.........american scrap metal or a motorbike.........where's the competition?

oh and V max all the way for me ;)

although i have got a nice old MZ sat in a specially built "bikeport" for it in my back garden, really must get around to contacting the pwners club and see if they've got some spares lying around for it.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

although i have got a nice old MZ sat in a specially built "bikeport" for it in my back garden, really must get around to contacting the pwners club and see if they've got some spares lying around for it.

I used to have the MZ ETZ 125 a surprisingly nice and much missed machine, I saw a 150cc version at a rally the other week fitted with a sidecar but I could not finf the owner to make him an offer.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I loved the sound of my Triumph T140V, but it was not the bike to do too many miles. So, I also ran a Honda. But thesedays hanker after a Duke ( the wife she say no ).

The sound of Moto GP ( and the smell of Castrol R ) . . makes the hairs on the back of my next stand up. In my day 12000 rpm was somthing special, now they can take them up to 18K+ . . fantastic engineering.

Andrew Boyd

Love it!!!!

Love it Newt, one presumes you mean the Harley.............. BAH :blink:

Have had many a Honda starting with my 1976 CB400/4 Supersport (which remains my dream bike, even after racing a BMW K1100 @ Goodwood), and, have to admit to only riding and never owned a Harley but you forget the one thing we have in abundance which, you are lacking 'over the pond' and that is "CORNERS" :blink:

My Brother had an MZ :rolleyes: (I only admit that as I can't be identified) :blink:

But have to admit, the first time I heard the 'Crazy Frog' it reminded me of my FS1E Yamaha, ahhhhhhhhh the joys of Middle Age are remembering the joys of youth :wallbash:

Sadly been without a motorbike for the last 3 years as my Doc says I am not allowed to ride one, that was a Honda Deauville 600. And another VERY nice bike.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."