specimen catfish

howdy484

Depends on it's provenance.....

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I would agree with Ken that it really depends on both the water it was caught in and the water it was from! definately two different things these days!

Its things like this that have made the modern UK catfish scene a joke! A great shame really as it was perfectly fine the way it was before all these imported fish were stocked.Maybe the CCG's encouraging the spread of the species wasnt such a good thing after all?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I would agree with Ken that it really depends on both the water it was caught in and the water it was from! definately two different things these days!

Its things like this that have made the modern UK catfish scene a joke! A great shame really as it was perfectly fine the way it was before all these imported fish were stocked.Maybe the CCG's encouraging the spread of the species wasnt such a good thing after all?

caught 2 pb's a 22lb 4oz then a 29lb 2oz catfish on a lonsdale AC water.i believe they were introduced

to the water in the 70,s .

Regardless of "heratige" or "specimen" status did you enjoy catching them? I bet you did! and thats all that really matters.

yeah it was the best scrap i,ve ever encountered,that,s including any sea fish ive ever caught.they really pull back hard just had to let them take line when they wanted it.and they stay on the bottom.a great weekends fishing made even better!! :D

only ever caught one,a 20+ just by 5ounces, but man do they go!!

it was liek being attached to a steam train! zzzzzzzzzzzzzz goes the clutch!! not that way....turn...turn...ok go, that way then!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

We have some that were stocked into one of the Farnham lakes average weight 2-4lb some years ago. Some have been coming out mid to upper 50s, these I do class as british as I know when they were stocked and where they came from.

Any others I know of have 'dubious' backgrounds :headhurt:

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!