Storing maggots....

iamlucky18

I agree, maggots should not turn overnight unless they are old and it is hot so ask your dealer for fresh. To help storage definately invest in a cool box (Boot fair perhaps?) and more importantly some ice packs. Also make sure you keep the maggots in LOTS of sawdust as this helps disapate the heat they produce themself (unless your bagging them).

Best idea though is to bag them and keep the bags cool with ice packs ,bottles of frozen water will do the job better than the commercial ones as you can freeze big 2 litre bottles. A couple of them will keep a cool box frosty for a fair while.

go to the car boot sale and buy one of those little fridges for the cans of beer, you can pick them up for a fiver. and then when you go off to uni, take it with to keep the beers cold on those long nights studying

regards.

smac

Edited by s_mac

woman want me, fish fear me