sensitivity

chesters1

Good footage but you can see its on the verge of its ability ,one of my CCTV cams does the same just before it switches to mono.

Nice perch

Ideally I want something discrete the glasses would have been ideal but in tests the battery life was 34 minutes not the "up to 2 hours" ,promised .

I need two hours one of the cams in my first post comes with two batteries and is pretty small compared to the go pro and no housing needed and its pretty indistructable as I tend to break things

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Right camera on its way but now I am confused about how to handle the footage.

If 2 hours footage is 16gb how could I share it?

To big for YouTube ,to big for windows cloud doodars (Max filesize 10 GB),9 times to big for the free Dropbox and to top it days just to upload it at my speed so I guess its boxes of DVDs and the post unless ofcourse there's a way of compressing it ?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

keep in mind that 2 hours of footage will equate to about 5 mins of "good" footage if you edit it!

I regularly come home with 3+ hours of footage from fishing and have to edit it down to 15 mins or so.....(youtube will let you do 15 mins if you have a long standing video upload channel)

then of course there are methods of reducing file size by changing format. depending on what format the cam records on you can fiddle a little and convert to a better compression format. but you might have to invest in good editing software to do that.

all of which is where the mighty "cloud" starts to come unhinged in a really irking manner! file size limits, slow internet connections...its a minefield of annoyance!

Cheers ,heaven knows what a 20mp picture sequence (1 every 3 seconds) would equate to if you made a movie out of them LOL

The metal detecting ones could be edited down but theres a "stroll with chesters" one that will be full length, tried to do it with 3 cameras ,a tiny movu thing and the glasses but to date its either footage of sky or incomplete grrr

The specs are here

The video appears to be the same as my cctv recorder H264? not the typical AVI

http://maptaq.co.uk/qcamz-rec-your-limits/q-camz-q-fhd.html

Annoyingly after i bought it (for a great deal less than rrp)i stubled over a pair of glasses with the batteries in a holder that would have been ideal ,strangely in ebay searches i cannot find them but they are there

Edited by chesters1

ok that's a MOV file...(quicktime movie)

you could change format down to 720 hd which would decrease file size and still give a good online viewable experience.

keep in mind that a lot of people might not stream from youtube at 1080 anyway...and even if they do they might well be viewing on a small screen instead of anything bigger. which will give you some leeway on what sizes you can play with etc

plus regardless of what you upload to youtube as they will cock it up and compress it in their own manner until it resembles nothing like the original footage in quality!

so as long as your uploading in an HD format: either 720 or 1080 you should be fine.

Edited by kirisute

Cheers ,i least i could blame youtube if it all goes wrong Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Update 2 the replacement for the useless spy glasses the qcam refused to charge the batteries so its on its way back ,i insisted on a refund as the seller was not a recognised qcam seller so future repairs would not be made by qcam (a warning to those like me that like basement bargain deals)

Now a mobius is on the cards (i really want to avoid a sj4000 ,good reviews but like a go pro somewhat silly looking bolted to a walkers head!) i want to be discreet not look a prat.

The mobius is discreet and now the RC copter lot has taken it to their hearts plenty of info out there ,break it and you can buy another or simply the broken bit .

Pretty good picture in daylight but lacking in darker places but future firmware may get round that

Lots of adjustments via your pc and you can take a charge pack and make the batteries last hours

Not waterproof but if your that inclined theres a cover out there

Not as wide angle as the others but 116 degrees fine for me

Tberes a addon 130 degree lens but a bit fish eyed for me

And it does timelapse so an old "want" fullfilled

Edited by chesters1

• 2 weeks later...

oh dear; you really do get what you pay for with quality and reliability!

im looking at upgrading my gopro to the new 4 series...possibly the higher spec one with decent slo motion etc.

not sure yet.

just upgraded my DSLR to a 100d; so I now have full hd video on my dslr as well.

interestingly enough my brother has just bought himself a new night vision scope (for foxing). bloody thing is fully digital, has gps, wifi, you can beam footage direct to your tablet or phone, it will tell you wind speed, bullet velocity and all manner of other crap! LOL incredible bit of kit.

Its not a good sign when a company keeps bringing out new versions ,to me it means the old ones were crap and overpriced.

The footage (allbeit just an hour of timelapse) is brilliant on the mobius ,long battery life ,theres even a gopro footprint case so you can use all the sj4000 mounts .

A few things missing like stability dooda (some cameras say its inbuilt but not for video only photos) ,night vision would be nice etc.

Strange in the case of the mobius no_one has thought to turn the sensor and lens round 90 degrees so the camera can be mounted sideways ,i have ordered another case (£3) to see if it can be done

When i need slo mo i just use my littlr fuji when i want annoying slow slomo i use my sl1000 ,not as easy to hide though,i rarely use either so even a basic gopro would get chucked in a drawer after i filmed what i want the mobius to but in its favour its very small and light so the locals dont find me even more strange walking about with a greenhouse on stilts on my head if i used the gopro which i think is designed to get noticed

Any software to join timelapse photos together movie maker does it but as yet i cannot find a way of speeding up the final movie so you can see the clouds moving ,the movie does little more than use a set time on each picture which appears not to be changeable,you can ofcourse change the playback speed on media player but only to 8x which is still to slow

Edited by chesters1