Bite alarm help?

markp

I seem to recall Steve Burke reccomending a certain make of bite alarm on this site on more than 1 occasion, but try as i might i can't find the post realating to it, can any 1 out there help?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to recall Steve Burke reccomending a certain make of bite alarm on this site on more than 1 occasion, but try as i might i can't find the post realating to it, can any 1 out there help?

Here

Post 3

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I wrote a review of one of these 8 years ago. For some reason, it had vanished off the site, so I've added it back:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai...bite_alarm.html

I still use the same alarm in that picture as my spare!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Bloody hell! I've just seen how much cheaper they are now than they were 8 years ago. Buy a set today!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I wrote a review of one of these 8 years ago. For some reason, it had vanished off the site, so I've added it back:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bai...bite_alarm.html

I still use the same alarm in that picture as my spare!

I read the review, quite comprehensive thank you. Not sure about this statement though, ‘turn it up as loud as possible’ test. The GFM is perfectly loud enough – if you need louder, then you’re not fishing responsibly'.......not fishing responsibly?

This type of bite detection does not suit everyone, I rely upon, drop backs or simple bobbins (used to use washing up liquid bottle tops).

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

I read the review, quite comprehensive thank you. Not sure about this statement though, ‘turn it up as loud as possible’ test. The GFM is perfectly loud enough – if you need louder, then you’re not fishing responsibly'.......not fishing responsibly?

This type of bite detection does not suit everyone, I rely upon, drop backs or simple bobbins (used to use washing up liquid bottle tops).

Those were the days. If only they still had them on the fairy.

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

I believe that I may still have some in an old tackle box somewhere.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Very cheap washing liquid, mostly from Asian shops, still have those tops.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Very cheap washing liquid, mostly from Asian shops, still have those tops.

Thanks I will keep a lookout, just in case I have a rush of blood to the head and do some deadbaiting this winter.