Bite alarm help?

markp

We used to use washing up bottle tops with starlights pushed into them, if we wanted a kip we used to clip our beachcaster bells onto the bottle tops so we could see and here which rod was running.

Oh those were the days (sigh)

Tony

Fishing and shooting are my passion, you can also find me on www.roughshooter.com

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone used or got Delkims, are they any good ?

Yes and yes, lot of money though.

Is there a prefered model ?

Think they all bleep.

Just wondering as I've only ever had Fox. The problem with my Fox's is after a few hours of heavy rain they go on the blink which really jacks me off so I was thinking of having a dabble with one of the Delkim models.

Had mine very wet and haven't stop working.

If your not in a rush, have a look at these.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

That's right Emma. That was the original bite alarm. I've done the washing-up bottle top, the coin on the spool, the cotton reel monkey-climber, the folded bit of foil and a jar for a wind break, a folded nail in a jar again, a kinder egg with a curtain hook. I think the only form of primitive bite alarm I didn't try as a youngster was tying the line round my big toe!

What? So you mean you never made a bobbin from wedging one of your mum's hairclips into a cork?

We used to use washing up bottle tops with starlights pushed into them, if we wanted a kip we used to clip our beachcaster bells onto the bottle tops so we could see and here which rod was running.

Oh those were the days (sigh)

Tony

My favourite was, a washer resting on a couple of drinking straws over an old cocoa tin. Hook the line under the straws, when you got a bite, it moved the straw, and the washer dropped into the tin.

Simple, but effective. :)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John