couple of questions

Guest long-trotter

Guest long-trotter

What would you say are the biggest threats to angling in the U.K. pollution,Banning,etc. It would be interesting to see if there are regional issues affecting peoples opinions. Also do you think we are well represented on the political and the lobbying front are we getting a fair deal.

Long-trotter

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Water abstraction and reckless house building by corrupt developers in league with Council Planning Departments. Nothing else comes even close.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Guest long-trotter
Water abstraction and reckless house building by corrupt developers in league with Council Planning Departments. Nothing else comes even close.

Water abstraction was top of my list. :thumbs:

I think, the biggest threat to our sport is fish being taken from our waters by people who have come to this country to work from europe.

I live in london where there is a large amount of europeans, and no doubt this will spread further as more come in freely to work.

i witness, the after math of fish taken every time i go down my local canal, fish scales all over, beer cans left by those who are fishing through the night and taking fish.

i have also witnessed this on a sunday morning, a guy is there every sunday, the first time i fished the canal, he took a lovely bream around the 2lb mark, and then he bolted. he has been there the last 2 sundays, but has caught nothing, but i have my camera to hand. so when he does, i will have him..

regards

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

Bad angling practices giving the antis the amunition that they need to ban angling on publicly owned waters, one water at a time.

Lack of young people being introduced to the sport.

Alien invaders on our waterways - Cormerants, Poles, signal crayfish, Ukrainians, introduced fish species, Hungarians, Mitten crabs, Latvians etc, etc, etc.

Abstraction, polution, delelopment by housing and boating interests and all sorts of other environmental considerations.

Carp.

s mac. The guy that I reported to the EA on 16.07.06 was there again this morning. I've not seen him for a while because I've been up and out to work early for several weeks but I presume that he's been there taking fish every day and the EA have done nothing. I rang them again today and made sure I got the name of the guy that I spoke to and the reference number of my report. Next time I have to call them, I will make sure that I've also got a set of Google Earth co-ordinates so there can be no mistake about where he is.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Litter and Litter, it's getting worse on all venues and judging by the nature of the stuff being left: line, sweetcorn and luncheon meat tins, ground bait and Boilie bags its anglers leaving the mess, it's only time before the bans start.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I'd say the biggest threat to angling is the folk who insist on talking about fishing as 'bloodsports' or those that criticise others for their fishing practises. They don't seem to realise, no matter how much you bang on at them, that they are they very people who supply the antis with the ammunition they need to build their case against us.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...