First Twenty!

DavyR

I don't really consider myself a carp angler, not being into bivvying or multiple rod set-ups etc, but it was nice to get something this chunky on the bank for once.

Well done DavyR, that's a goodun! I think you've amply proven that you don't need a bivvy or multi-rod setup to catch big fish.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Yes, that's a super fish and a very pretty looking lake. Perhaps this will go some way to persuading all the "commercial" knockers that they aren't all bad.

It's hard to say from the photo, but isn't it a leather rather than a mirror, not that it matters :).

It's hard to say from the photo, but isn't it a leather rather than a mirror, not that it matters :).

You can't see them on the photo (I blame the wife), but the fish had a few scales along the dorsal, under the pectorals, and around the base of the tail. You're right, though, it does look like a leather!