Help required

Snatcher

I have decided to retire in 3 years time when I will be 59. All of my personal circumstances have pointed me towards this date. I am fairly lucky compared to a lot of people as I will still have a final salary pension.

At the same time my good lady will just have turned 60,qualifying for her state pension. Anyone any idea what pension she may expect. She has tried a few internet searches and has got nowhere. In a nutshell she worked fulltime for 12 years before the kids arrived and so paid full NI and tax. Since that point she has just worked part time and just very occasionally pays any tax or NI.

Any civil servants out there got a handle on this one. Many thanks in advance team :) Cheers

Edited by Snatcher

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I know a few years back, the department for pensions stated to me that my wife may not claim her pension when she retires at 60 because i will be 52, stating that throughout her working life she has not paid enough stamp.But if we divorced when she reached 60 she could then claim. I dont know if this is still the case.

Its all so complicated.

Edited by melpen

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.

I know a few years back, the department for pensions stated to me that my wife may not claim her pension when she retires at 60 because i will be 52, stating that throughout her working life she has not paid enough stamp.But if we divorced when she reached 60 she could then claim. I dont know if this is still the case.

Its all so complicated.

Hmm that does not make things any clearer!!!! Cheers anyway :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Snatcher, I think she must have accumalated 40 years of stamps to get the full pension!!!!

But the 18 or so years she got child benefit qualifies as a year as well.

'They' should have written to your wife in the last couple of years if there was a shortfall.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Why not give them a ring, they are fellow civil servants after all,

Request a forecast by phone

You can request a forecast by phoning the State Pension forecasting Team on 0845 3000 168. Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 9am to 1pm (local rate).

failing that are you a member of PCS or Prospect, they may be able to help, or even the FDA!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com