an idea to stop fish being taken by eastern europeans

s_mac

No doubt sportsman will correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure that north of the border bailiffs have full power of arrest.

Your not wrong

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2004/11/20316/47363

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob please tell me mate as Im even more loathe to buy a copy of AT now that theyve not even had the cutousey to reply to my recent email!

So quite how much power has an EA bailiff then? Surely if they have the power to sieze property they must have some powers of arrest? otherwise anyone they challenged would just stick two fingers up and walk away?No Im sure they have but will try to find out for sure.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Like alot of others, we dont know the rules or what the EA can do, as someone said they have the power to seize goods.

So what happens after that, if someone cant come up with an EA license for the date they were fishing.

are they then taken to court, or after a certain time, the EA can sell of the rods at public auction, or are these people sent a fine, and if they dont pay the fine, then the seized goods are sold.

I believe these days if they got out there, there would many many anglers with no license and maybe the sale of the goods could go back into the EA and fund more baliffs, then the more they have out there, the more they would catch and seize and sell, and funds would come along.

the whole idea of this thread, was to see if we as anglers, can come up with ways to help the EA, either by community baliffs, or by fines, to support the EA, and give them more funds, and more eyes out there.

regards

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

The truth is Sean, the EA are not listening and are burying the truth, read my thread regarding an interview by the Angling Times with Dafydd Evans the EA's head of fisheries.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

The truth is Sean, the EA are not listening and are burying the truth, read my thread regarding an interview by the Angling Times with Dafydd Evans the EA's head of fisheries.

Im just sad, because the canal i fish, i had 3 bream over 3lb sunday morning, i unhooked them carefull, held it in the water until it was ready to swim off, got its photo. but i know the guy next to me would have taken and bagged that.

i want to catch the same fish next year when it has grown a little, kiss it on the lips, and say "see you next year"

I come from the northeast, and moved to the london area a year ago, there is none of this up there, its not heard of.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

Your not wrong

Thanks mate. I was sure things could not have changed THAT much in 20 years. I thought they could search your house too. Mind you getting a warrant from a sheriff or JP would only take a few minutes.

Note for Newt. We still have Sheriffs in Scotland, I don't think they have them in England any more though.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Bob,I saw the bit in AT about the EA saying there is no problem. I have often though this to be the case and people like your selves just over acting.....but as the EA dont seem to think there is a problem with anything Im now no longer so sure!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Guest long-trotter
Ha Ha ...yep ...now that IS a worry Budgie!

I must admit it makes me wonder too,as I said questions need to be asked. Why go setting up a High Impact Fisheries Enforcement team if there is no problem?

Indeed LT, and why produce figures of reported fish thefts that are no-where near the truth?

Why tell the angling times that otter and mink were responsible for thousands of fish disappearances in Norfolk where there are no signs of either?

Why state that they do not know what their powers to bailiff are,when they know the full extent of them when policing Salmon ?

In short ,Coarse fish do not get the protection they should be getting from the EA.....FACT.

People wanted proof on here that fish thefts are going undetected up and down the Country, well they have heard it from the horses mouth now, but I doubt even this will make a significant difference to the ostriches that infest our sport/pastime.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]