an idea to stop fish being taken by eastern europeans

s_mac

I am an angler, A voter, an EA licence holder (in fact I have two) and a taxpayer.

Rants about immigrants are like water off a duck's back to me. I am not convinced.

Fine you may say......but if you can't persuade people like me (and, I repeat. I am an Angler) then what chance do you stand of persuading Joe public that there is aproblem.

Can't we just let the whole thing rest for a while? :(

It is getting tedious.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bailiffs everywhere once had the power of arrest BUT it was usually only large landowners that had game fish that needed them ,when your employer is lord someone or other you had great power ,now bailiffs have little more power than most club members and are little more than litter pickers and work party members.

lets not get confused between bailiffs and EA tax enforcers please,the only bailiffs with power are those that call after a dept with court papers to serve nowadays.

despite being given "power" by the club in reality it counts for nothing ,i cannot physically boot anyone of club land whether fishing or not only ask them to leave as for poaching is it worth the hastle of reporting it to the police then waiting days for them to arrive (if at all) and at potentially great cost to myself (if the other party gets bolshy) for a free permit a year ?

i have been lucky those i asked to leave left and those permits that needed confiscating taken but i'm not insured by the club despite doing their bidding and material loss by me paid by me .if i can get a number plate i take it but its never been acted apon as far as i know .

luckily at the present i havent encountered anyone taking fish for the table hopefully i never will but my pond is tiny and secluded so may escape the unwanted attention others get ,the club rules say no fish to be taken for any reason this will be enforced as much as i can where ever the fish thieves harken from!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson