Photographing Fireworks

Steve Randles

Here we go then and still reeking of sulphur!!! My first attempt at photographing fireworks. Try not to giggle too loudly lads :headhurt:

Fireworks1.jpg

Fireworks2.jpg

Fireworks3.jpg

Fireworks4.jpg

Fireworks5.jpg

Nothing there to laugh at snatcher, you sure thats your first attempt! :yeah:

Not that I'm an expert or anything :lol::lol::lol: but if you maintain an f.stop of around f8 & vary the speed, you can get very different shots of the same type of firework.

All in all damn good fun.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that Peter. Still learning the basic functions of the camera - honest. What do you think of this one I snapped yesterday. A girl at work noticed the two outlines of people in it.

Spookyfireworks.jpg

One for Jeepster I think :blink:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Thanks for that Peter. Still learning the basic functions of the camera - honest. What do you think of this one I snapped yesterday. A girl at work noticed the two outlines of people in it.

Spookyfireworks.jpg

One for Jeepster I think :blink:

Good grief, move over Derek Acora I see dead people :o:o

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Talking about tripods earlier, HellBelly practically leaves his camera attached to his tripod most weekends. He loves taking night shots with a long exposure and jumping in front of the camera himself for whatever reason. They are very handy and cheap too!

Great pics everyone!

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

• 11 months later...
a wee bump as the season is upon us

Yes Andrew it is that time again. There is a large display on Whitley Bay seafront tonight so I will be having a wander down with Dorothy,Chris,Genna and the kids. Hopefully may get a few decent shots again. If I do will stick one into the current comp. I bet there will be quite a few submitted,the more the merrier thats what I say. Do you think we will get Judy pulling her hair out :D

Looking forward to fishing with you and the kids next weekend Andrew. Are you still on for a meal in the Clash next Sat night?? :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy