Plenty of Fish in the South Tyne at the moment

phil dean

I've had a number of reports of captures of salmon and sea trout over the last few days.

If you were still wondering whether it was worth casting a line the answer is a resounding YES!

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Its good to hear the South Tyne is fishing well.

Whats the Grayling situation for the winter months?

I'm planning on fishing the Blyth for Grayling in a couple of weeks as my Lythe pin is finally on its way to me, only waited 2 years for it. Might try the Tyne if theres any good day ticket stretches?

The only grayling fishing I know of anywhere near the tyne is on the derwent before it joins the tyne at Blaydon.

From the tennis courts down stream until it joins the tidal tyne, it is predominantly free fishing.

There are some good grayling, the best I've had touching 1.5lb

The river wear at Durham has a better head of Grayling but they can be hard to locate. I've had success from the free stretch downstream of the old ice rink, I've had a number of fish but never large.

The river eden (carlisle) also has a good head of grayling if you can be bothered to find them. I'm not sure about tickets asa I've only fished as a guest.

I'm sure someone will tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe Blyth angling club have a grayling match in which they kill all grayling caught, hence the numbers are low (weirdos)

Best of luck wherever you go and keep me up to date with your success (assuming that you're not the same Markie who runs the pooly bridge website in which case, hi mate how are you doing and have you heard from keith??)

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hi Phil,

Thats me alright, I do hear from Keith now and then but not for a while. He has offered to teach me to Wallis cast once I get me reel and we are going to have a day out photographing which is his new passion incase you didn't know.

He has some stunning images on his personal website if you haven't seen them?

Its good to hear the South Tyne is fishing well.

Whats the Grayling situation for the winter months?

I'm planning on fishing the Blyth for Grayling in a couple of weeks as my Lythe pin is finally on its way to me, only waited 2 years for it. Might try the Tyne if theres any good day ticket stretches?

The River Till above Ford used to be excellent for grayling years ago,as did the Tweed. Do not know if they hold a decent head of grayling now.What stretch of the Blyth are you thinking about trying. I drive over it every day going to work :sun:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy