Lochaline report

spanner

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Spanner,

As I said when you reported your fish on the IAC Sea List that is an awesome achievement and well worth the read on here too.

Can I ask though, how did you maintain your balance in the fight?

Also, all joking aside, were you towed very much by the fish?

Regards

Richard.

"An amatuer built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Best Regards

Cerberus

http://www.walton-sea-angling.co.uk

Hiya Spanner.

Just read through this amazing post, or more to the point about your terrific achievment.

Must have taken a lot of determination, and grit to get that critter to the Yak.

I can remember people laughing and joking on the sea fishing forum when we were sharing thier page, about catching one of "Daveys Pets" from a plastic log.

Now youve gone and done it, very very pleased for you, congratulations.:thumbs::clap3:

Cheers.

Bill :)

Edited by Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi Richard,

Nice to see you on here :)

Sit on top kayaks are a lot more stable than most people realise, not at all 'tippy' like you'd think. All I really had to do was make sure I kept the rod close to the centreline and not off to the side, but that was the comfortable thing to do anyway as I was sat facing facing forward.

Yep, I got towed a bit, according to the gps I went 70 yds uptide, and then 50yds back downtide as she tired and came up.

Hi Bill,

Nice to see you back again :)

Oh yes, there were a few 'Oh my god what have I done' thoughts when I first got hooked up. Its one thing to talk about about doing it but when its suddenly a reality it does slap you in the face. I have to admit though, the thought of proving all the nay sayers wrong did help me to go through with it, that and the fact that once I'd hooked up I didn't really have much choice in the matter anymore :)