Finally got the bite!

BedsFisherman

Hey peeps,

Got out again at the weekend and went with the leger method (I'm new to legering have always Float fished previously)

Its been tough because I failed miserably with Hair rigs and Luncheon meat the first time I tried this type of fishing!!

Anyway using strawberry bollies I had success two screaming runs!!!!

However......No fish landed! on the first the main line snapped and I lost my complete rig and on the second occasion I succumbed to a dodgy knot on the swivel!!!! Nevermind live and learn eh! :rolleyes:

Before I go out next time I'll invest in brand new main line at least 12lb BS (any suggestions?) and some more ready made hair rigs.

I was just happy to get the runs to be honest it gives me the confidence to use the method again :)

Oh and I will pratice knot tying every night hahaha

Hey peeps,

Got out again at the weekend and went with the leger method (I'm new to legering have always Float fished previously)

Its been tough because I failed miserably with Hair rigs and Luncheon meat the first time I tried this type of fishing!!

Anyway using strawberry bollies I had success two screaming runs!!!!

However......No fish landed! on the first the main line snapped and I lost my complete rig and on the second occasion I succumbed to a dodgy knot on the swivel!!!! Nevermind live and learn eh! :rolleyes:

Before I go out next time I'll invest in brand new main line at least 12lb BS (any suggestions?) and some more ready made hair rigs.

I was just happy to get the runs to be honest it gives me the confidence to use the method again :)

Oh and I will pratice knot tying every night hahaha

well done mate, but preparation is always the key.

prepare well, and the fish will come.

best of luck next time and let us know how you get on

regards

sean

woman want me, fish fear me