amish girls, and families

s_mac

I would just like to say, that my heart and soul goes out to the amish families of those who are injured and those who have died.

My thougths and prayers are with those families.

THEY WERE JUST CHILDREN, NO MATTER THEIR BACKGROUND OR BELIEFS

SEAN

woman want me, fish fear me

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely shocking events. What I can't get my head around (as the father of two young girls myself) is him, apparently normally, taking his kids to school knowing he wouldn't see them again and then carrying out these horrific acts.......what was going through that mans head? Religion gone wrong?

Paul

Religion gone wrong?

Is there a connection?

It sounds like they were chosen because they were an easy target rather than anything else.

The survivors and parents all have my deepest sympathy.

When will America wake up to the fact that more guns mean more innocent deaths?

They said it was in reaction to an event that happened to him when he was a child so I assumed he attended the same school perhaps.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

To be fair, this nutter could have used other weapons than guns, this was a classroom full of small children. There was a case in the UK of a machete attack on an infant school by a bloke with schizophrenia. Nobody was killed, but they very easily could have been.

Guest Brumagem Phil

About time we started addressing the REAL issues here, and that is mental illness costs or wrecks lives and the best we do about it is splash some derogatory headline across a paper about such people........hardly inspires those with problems to come forward for help does it?

I believe the stats go something like this..........1 in a hundred persons is schizophrenic. 1 in 10 will suffer mental illness in their lives. Cannabis is proven to create paranoid thinking. LSD use can cause personality disorders, ecstasy causes severe depression in later life for users........and yet a huge percentage of our youngsters now abuse these drugs.

All I can see is a problem thats going to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

ayjay - we will wake up to that fact when it becomes a fact.

Incidents where a nut job uses a gun to kill innocent people get wide publicity but the crime statistics I read indicate that in fact, more guns and fewer innocent deaths/woundings is what really happens.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

ayjay - we will wake up to that fact when it becomes a fact.

Incidents where a nut job uses a gun to kill innocent people get wide publicity but the crime statistics I read indicate that in fact, more guns and fewer innocent deaths/woundings is what really happens.

As usual, it depends on whose propaganda you want to believe, and the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. This is quite a good summary of the pros of cons of guns, even though it's part of a "Learning English" programme:

http://www.learnenglish.org.uk/magazine/ma...isarmament.html