amish girls, and families

s_mac

This all boils down to the policy of "care in the community" where seriously ill people in need of the care of an institution are dumped with very little support and told to get on with it. I feel very sorry for them and their families and the community they live in.

Absolutely right. Yet another example of a cynical exercise in saving money, dressed up as a caring crusade to "rescue" the mentally ill from becoming institutionalised.

And, if the sale of my local Victorian "institution" for conversion into luxury aprtments is anything to go by, a nice little earner for the property developers. :angry:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with phil on this one. I have dealt with a lot of mentally ill people in my time, I was at a job a few years back where a guy with a history of mental illness was in his house, begging to be taken into hospital so he could get treatment, he feared he was going to harm his wife and kids. As normal, our local facilities were full and refused to accept him. The poor guy was begging us, when we said there was nothing we could do he began threatening us with a Knife and eventually we had to act and arrest him. which was avery violent and messy affair.

This all boils down to the policy of "care in the community" where seriously ill people in need of the care of an institution are dumped with very little support and told to get on with it. I feel very sorry for them and their families and the community they live in.

I agree with what long trotter said about the care, forget the community for a minute, the police hands are tied in these situations.

Im going to throw a spanner in the works here., these people could be dealt with, the money is there, but most of it is taken up by people on incapacity benefit, who could work, but get paid, care allownace, they get a car, there rent paid, there council tax paid, but deep down alot of them could work, and to be honest, we all know someone who is probably conning the system.

i agree there are many, many people who cant work, and need the help and support they get. but a quarter of them i bet could work. and there money could help those who are in a real need who long trotter mentioned.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

Guest Ferret1959
I agree with what long trotter said about the care, forget the community for a minute, the police hands are tied in these situations.

Im going to throw a spanner in the works here., these people could be dealt with, the money is there, but most of it is taken up by people on incapacity benefit, who could work, but get paid, care allownace, they get a car, there rent paid, there council tax paid, but deep down alot of them could work, and to be honest, we all know someone who is probably conning the system.

i agree there are many, many people who cant work, and need the help and support they get. but a quarter of them i bet could work. and there money could help those who are in a real need who long trotter mentioned.

sean

Sean, I wish I could work full time and not have to rely on benefits but having cancer put paid to that.

Are you fit and well? :unsure:

Its PRECISELY this kind of thoughtless remark which prevents people from seeking help. Dont get me wrong, I fully sympathise with Alan and his plight, but what this guy needs is genuine help not some daft reamark.........it must be remembered, he is ILL and that makes him a victim too.

ok phil , fair comment (he is ill) so why is he left to have his stroll around town unsupervised? knowing that the man has done what he has done and letting him out in the general population is madness!! its as good as saying a man has been convicted of paedophillia and giving him a job as a teacher. as far as i'm concerned people with "illness' " as you say ie trying to kill people, need a damn good beating with a big stick on the hour , EVERY HOUR!!! everywhere you turn , everything you read and watch its; crazed murderer this or paedophile that... my personal opinion FAULTY HUMANS

mad cow disease in the 90's can you honestly admit to me that you would eat beef when the word of the outbreak was on the news / media etc??? i know its not a good example but if you think about it , it is!

there is something fundamentally wrong with their social behaviour that stops them from behaving in a n appropriate manner

in this day and age , especially with the breakthrough into stem cell research these things should be taken to a laboratory and tested for all the neccesary requirements needed to be habitual in the modern day society!! all i can mentally see when i here of such atrocities is a neanderthal man who has no idea of co-habiting with his common brother.

chances are phil that you are a social worker or something similar to do with dealing with this kind of scum, but you or no-one else for that matter will ever change my views on this type of animal

regards

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest Brumagem Phil
ok phil , fair comment (he is ill) so why is he left to have his stroll around town unsupervised? knowing that the man has done what he has done and letting him out in the general population is madness!! its as good as saying a man has been convicted of paedophillia and giving him a job as a teacher. as far as i'm concerned people with "illness' " as you say ie trying to kill people, need a damn good beating with a big stick on the hour , EVERY HOUR!!! everywhere you turn , everything you read and watch its; crazed murderer this or paedophile that... my personal opinion FAULTY HUMANS

mad cow disease in the 90's can you honestly admit to me that you would eat beef when the word of the outbreak was on the news / media etc??? i know its not a good example but if you think about it , it is!

there is something fundamentally wrong with their social behaviour that stops them from behaving in a n appropriate manner

in this day and age , especially with the breakthrough into stem cell research these things should be taken to a laboratory and tested for all the neccesary requirements needed to be habitual in the modern day society!! all i can mentally see when i here of such atrocities is a neanderthal man who has no idea of co-habiting with his common brother.

chances are phil that you are a social worker or something similar to do with dealing with this kind of scum, but you or no-one else for that matter will ever change my views on this type of animal

regards

More mindless violent claptrap.

Sorry to derail your petty smear campaign, but I'm not a social worker and neither can you slot me into any other kind of 'pigeon hole'....I'm simply a person who has compassion for fellow human beings.

Mental illness can strike any one of us just as cancer or any other disease.....most mental illness has nothing to do with social failings (although I grant you some psychological conditions can stem from life events), its to do with chemical screw ups in the brain, pure and simple (no more a sufferer can do about it than he can to cure himself of cancer). Its not just mental illness either, many people who have had brain injuries through car crashes etc suddenly become very different people; Its widely documented.

Now then.......who are you to determine a schizophrenic or brain injured person should be beaten with a stick each and every hour? Actually dont bother answering, as that statment, along with the words 'scum' and 'animal' clearly tell me plenty about you..in fact your post is full of hostility aggession and violent intent.........and you call the sufferers of mental ilness neanderthal?

I wonder what a psychiatrist would make of your post?

Edited by Brumagem Phil

More mindless violent claptrap.

Sorry to derail your petty smear campaign, but I'm not a social worker and neither can you slot me into any other kind of 'pigeon hole'....I'm simply a person who has compassion for fellow human beings.

Mental illness can strike any one of us just as cancer or any other disease.....most mental illness has nothing to do with social failings (although I grant you some psychological conditions can stem from life events), its to do with chemical screw ups in the brain, pure and simple (no more a sufferer can do about it than he can to cure himself of cancer). Its not just mental illness either, many people who have had brain injuries through car crashes etc suddenly become very different people; Its widely documented.

Now then.......who are you to determine a schizophrenic or brain injured person should be beaten with a stick each and every hour? Actually dont bother answering, as that statment, along with the words 'scum' and 'animal' clearly tell me plenty about you..in fact your post is full of hostility aggession and violent intent.........and you call the sufferers of mental ilness neanderthal?

I wonder what a psychiatrist would make of your post?

i wil reply to your post phil.. not a bad reply

firstly ..the people i was refering to who should be beaten with a stick are the paedophiles / murderers / rapists!!!

secondly ...i quote"its to do with chemical screw ups in the brain" , yes it is and that is why these people with these defects should be looked after.get the required treatment needed ,for some of them its just plain pointless trying with them (before you get on your high horse) i'm refering to repeat offenders who have no respect for other human beings whatsoever . when the treatment is offered , is it a fact that it dosn't work or that it does? if it does then why do they re-offend?

i apologize if my comments have been mis-construed into tarring everyone with a mental illness with the same brush. i know that many people have cases which have been brought on by trauma and such like, all i am trying to get accross to you is the fact and my belief that this SCUM is infact SCUM and should be treated with the respect it deserves...absolutely none!!!!!!!

i will never changes my beliefs of these people and never will as i have already mentioned

I wonder what a psychiatrist would make of your post? he / she would probably agree with me. (not everyone has the same moral reasonings and beliefs as you phil) that is the reason they make different flavour crisps!!!

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest Brumagem Phil
i wil reply to your post phil.. not a bad reply

firstly ..the people i was refering to who should be beaten with a stick are the paedophiles / murderers / rapists!!!

secondly ...i quote"its to do with chemical screw ups in the brain" , yes it is and that is why these people with these defects should be looked after.get the required treatment needed ,for some of them its just plain pointless trying with them (before you get on your high horse) i'm refering to repeat offenders who have no respect for other human beings whatsoever . when the treatment is offered , is it a fact that it dosn't work or that it does? if it does then why do they re-offend?

i apologize if my comments have been mis-construed into tarring everyone with a mental illness with the same brush. i know that many people have cases which have been brought on by trauma and such like, all i am trying to get accross to you is the fact and my belief that this SCUM is infact SCUM and should be treated with the respect it deserves...absolutely none!!!!!!!

i will never changes my beliefs of these people and never will as i have already mentioned

I wonder what a psychiatrist would make of your post? he / she would probably agree with me. (not everyone has the same moral reasonings and beliefs as you phil) that is the reason they make different flavour crisps!!!

A fair reply Mr M..........your post read as if you tarred everyone with the same brush, and I now appreciate you didnt mean it that way, and apologise if my response was a little terse.

Its good to discuss such issues anyway..........far too many people bury their heads in the sand about such issues, and in truth our treatment of the mentally ill is woeful and has moved on little in a couple of hundred years. Add to that the stigma which we've seen here and is prevalent in society and its hardly any wonder those with problems keep them hidden. With so many of our kids now taking drugs which often cause such illnesses, its about time we all started looking at sensible options to move forward.

Regards

A fair reply Mr M..........your post read as if you tarred everyone with the same brush, and I now appreciate you didnt mean it that way, and apologise if my response was a little terse.

Its good to discuss such issues anyway..........far too many people bury their heads in the sand about such issues, and in truth our treatment of the mentally ill is woeful and has moved on little in a couple of hundred years. Add to that the stigma which we've seen here and is prevalent in society and its hardly any wonder those with problems keep them hidden. With so many of our kids now taking drugs which often cause such illnesses, its about time we all started looking at sensible options to move forward.

Regards

thanks for your thoughts on the matter phil

i understand your thoughts on the matter and you are entitled to them , just the same as every other human on the planet . i have enjoyed this brief conversation with you and will look forward to reading many more of your posts .

cheers and all the best

kind regards carl

Ah bless!!!!!!

Phil & Carl can I come to the wedding :o:P:rolleyes:

yep and you're doing the job as best man and chief bridesmaid :hug: