Monks Pit

kestrel

Does anyone fish or know anyone who fishes this lake, how much does it costs ? Is there a waiting list ?

It is in Huntingdon , Cambs.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Last I heard I think it was 500+ or so pounds. Quite busy, no waiting list, has had problems from the nearby housing estate (or so I'd heard). It is supposedly pretty swimmy i.e. good and bad swims. Fish to 40+, don't know how it fishes. But the nature of the place, the closeness to the A14 etc means it holds no interest to me, there's better places in the area.

Rob.

Last I heard I think it was 500+ or so pounds. Quite busy, no waiting list, has had problems from the nearby housing estate (or so I'd heard). It is supposedly pretty swimmy i.e. good and bad swims. Fish to 40+, don't know how it fishes. But the nature of the place, the closeness to the A14 etc means it holds no interest to me, there's better places in the area.

Rob.

Where do you think is better ? I am looking for a nice syndicate around that area, not too pricey but with a chance of some decent fish.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Unfortunately the main one I belong to is no publicity so I can't elaborate, but it isn't any cheaper than monks - although loads better (IMHO).

There are all the St Ives waters, Fen Drayton and the other water I have a ticket for, Ferry Lagoon. None of these are the smallest or easiest of waters but the big fish are in them all - just depends on what floats your boat.

Rob.

Unfortunately the main one I belong to is no publicity so I can't elaborate, but it isn't any cheaper than monks - although loads better (IMHO).

There are all the St Ives waters, Fen Drayton and the other water I have a ticket for, Ferry Lagoon. None of these are the smallest or easiest of waters but the big fish are in them all - just depends on what floats your boat.

Rob.

Hi Rob,

I like Kestrel live in this area and also looking for a sydicate to join. Currently fishing the Woolpack but not the "Gold" syndicate ticket. I only have the "Green" card. So far I failed badly to put fish on the bank there and I'm getting VERY demoralised. Have you fished the Woolpack? I know of all the waters you mention and all are, IMO very hard venues and not for the faint hearted. I know the BIG rewards are in there on them all but even Mr Hearn had to do 39 nights to bank his target fish. I'm looking for a nice cosy (6-10acre) syndicate lake with a good head of doubles and twenties which isn't gonna cost me a second mortgage to join, any pointers ?????

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Hi Rob,

I like Kestrel live in this area and also looking for a sydicate to join. Currently fishing the Woolpack but not the "Gold" syndicate ticket. I only have the "Green" card. So far I failed badly to put fish on the bank there and I'm getting VERY demoralised. Have you fished the Woolpack? I know of all the waters you mention and all are, IMO very hard venues and not for the faint hearted. I know the BIG rewards are in there on them all but even Mr Hearn had to do 39 nights to bank his target fish. I'm looking for a nice cosy (6-10acre) syndicate lake with a good head of doubles and twenties which isn't gonna cost me a second mortgage to join, any pointers ?????

I know people that have fished the woolpack but never fished it myself. Another up and coming syndicate is the one on Huntingdon racecourse. Currently topping at about 30lb I think but hasn't been stocked that long and fish weights improving pretty well according to my sources. I don't know details about the syndicate owner etc but I have a few mates fishing there who I can ask if you're interested (?)

Rob.

I know people that have fished the woolpack but never fished it myself. Another up and coming syndicate is the one on Huntingdon racecourse. Currently topping at about 30lb I think but hasn't been stocked that long and fish weights improving pretty well according to my sources. I don't know details about the syndicate owner etc but I have a few mates fishing there who I can ask if you're interested (?)

Rob.

Hi Rob , I thought that was the one you were fishing but could not reveal !

the lake in question is called grenvilles and it has been stocked with lots of simmos and gorgeous scaley fish the owner is Paul i have his mobile number somewhere if you want it PM me m8

Monks is around £700 now and has around 8 40 + fish the head balliff is Tom i also have his mobile, no trouble on there very weedy but not to hard if you can get them out.

cheers

KIR ;0)

the lake in question is called grenvilles and it has been stocked with lots of simmos and gorgeous scaley fish the owner is Paul i have his mobile number somewhere if you want it PM me m8

Monks is around £700 now and has around 8 40 + fish the head balliff is Tom i also have his mobile, no trouble on there very weedy but not to hard if you can get them out.

cheers

Hi Tel, could you please e mail me Paul's number and I'll give him a ring.