Im new to fly fishing and i need help :(

basshead07

hello everyone,

im new to fly fishing and would like to start it up im 13 years old so when cristmas is here i can get ALLOT of fishing tackle im a very enfusiastic carp angler atm i would like to no as much as possible before i start so could u help? i need to no for example price of the tackle i need best time for trout and where to fish for them i live in the south of england.

thank you for any info u give me

jay harris!

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

hello everyone,

im new to fly fishing and would like to start it up im 13 years old so when cristmas is here i can get ALLOT of fishing tackle im a very enfusiastic carp angler atm i would like to no as much as possible before i start so could u help? i need to no for example price of the tackle i need best time for trout and where to fish for them i live in the south of england.

thank you for any info u give me

jay harris!

jay,you will find the cost of fishing more expensive than Coarse fishing-ie day tickets around £25/£35 day down here.Lots of stillwater fisheries in the south,assuming that's what you are after.

No need to spend shed loads of dosh on tackle.Some quite decent stuff about,just hunt round ebay and the online stores.Go to your tackle shop for a rod or at least handle a few as all are different actions.Plenty of reels available too.I have one quite expensive model a mid priced model and a shakespeare Alpha which are around £12 with a spare spool,and quite frankly for the money there aint much wrong with it either-look for large arbour reels.Lines are not cheap as a rule.However 'Redditch lines' on ebay are great value at around £9.I have three of them and am more than happy.Have a worcestershire(shakespeare),again great line and used by a lot of anglers-can be got for around £12 if hunted down.

If your local shop does fly gear-go in there,they may well do you a deal,and will give you info.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hi Jay

Where about's down south are you? Many lakes will give you the ability to try fly fishing, hire tackle and have casting tuition. Could well be worth having a lesson first before you go out and buy all the gear.

Singy

Paul Singleton

cheers guys i think im goona give it a miss untill im a bit older but thanks for all ure help ill stick with carp fishing ^^

tight lines!

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D