Mail order

The Tangler

We all hear horror stories about mail order companies that don’t send your order, it get lost, they have no record of your order etc Well here’s another one. I wont name the firm I ‘Used’ to get my ‘Tackle’ from and got me so mad the I had flames coming out of my mouth like a ‘Dragon’.

I placed 3 orders with this company, the first one being the main one and the largest. When I phoned it up I not only named each item but also the product code listed with it and was told it would be here next day.

Next day it arrived, great thought I…BUT. A rod and reel set was missing and instead of sending me 2 feeder rest heads they sent me 2 Quiver tips. If that was not bad enough 3 other items were not what I had asked for but had been put in as substitutes for others. Luckily the subs were passable. I phoned up about the order, missing items etc and was told they would be sent. As the rod I was missing was a quiver I was told I could keep the 2 tips and my feeder rests I had asked for in the first place would be sent with the rod etc.

They turned up next day…………..BUT……….. Although the rod/reel set was ok I was still without my quiver rest, this was because this time they sent me 2 sliding ledger rests. To save messing about I did a swap with someone for the right items.

Order No2:- this was only two items and lucky even they did not mess this one up.

Order No3:- This was jus a pair of bait runners, surely this would be no problem for them? WRONG, a week and 2 calls later I’m still waiting. On the second call 7 days after the order was placed I was told that it had been delivered to a house at the other end of my road and that I would have to go get it my self. I just wanted the reels and forget this sorry episode so off I went to this DROP off point. The owner of the house ( a little old lady of about 85) knew nothing of what I was talking about, no surprise there then.

Bank home I phone them again to let them know my findings, I’m told two more (2 more?? I did not get the first 2) would be put in the post. Following day they turn up and I can now move on and try to forget.

I wont be using them again and it’s true what you read about supporting your local shop(s) and I will be doing that more so in the future even if it is going to cost me a bit more. At lest I’ll save on headache tablets, and in most cases the service is much better.

PETE.

Fishing in Kent and the south east. With a new look for 2003.

http://www.angelfire.com/pw/thetangler

Guest tigger
I think you should name and shame them so we all know to avoid them.

That may save a lot of people a lot of hassle :thumbs:

nightmare...

must say the few mail order tackle companys i have used have all been ok,leslies of luton,fosters of b'ham,and lureshack,i have an order due this monday,if all goes well i shall give them a glowing report :) i did phone them before hand and all seemed very well, i was well spoken too and the fella checked it was in stock before i placed my order, :clap2:

couldnt get them locally.

Edited by Russell Fitzpatrick

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I might look at mail order companies glossies, but I've only ever used Fishtec - they've been pretty good with any order I'v placed.

I too believe that wherever possible use the local tackle shop, but sometimes basic economics kick in and it's silly not to go for the best price.

Our chief weapon is surprise