Admiralty

sam-cox

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muttley
Fantastic stuff. Can you elaberate a bit more on the end tackle that you used to catch the pout and then the bass with the live pout??

We like to keep it as simple as we can......less to go wrong. The Pout are easy to catch just tie a 2oz lead on and tie 2 loops above it at approx 6" and 12" spacings. Cut one side of the loop at the knot and tie on a size 6 fine wire aberdeen. Slide on a 1" section of ragworm and lower to the bottom.We only use 8lb line by the way.

The rig we use for the bass is simple too...Take your mainline and slide a swivel up the mainline, then a bead and tie another swivel on. From the swivel that is sliding on the mainline tie on a weak link of line approx 8-10ft long. Your lead is tied to this. From the other swivel tie on your hooklink(15-18lb fluorocarbon) to about 5 ft long plus your preffered hook( i was trying a pattern shown to me by sharkbyte)A semi circle pattern.

Very good too Wayne!! The large size of the links dont really matter as you dont have to cast.....just lower it straight down the wall. A pout of about 5-6" is ideal, just lip-hooked with as much hook showing as possible..I use a 6/0. Make sure that you set your clutch so that your rod does not fly over the side as the bites can (and often are) vicious.

Hope this helps regards Muttley

Edited by muttley

Dont give all our secrets away mate, they will all be at it!

Most of um on hear hate me so I dont want to give the enermy any amo!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Most of um on hear hate me so I dont want to give the enermy any amo!

No Sam, its just very big foot, in very big mouth, gets you in very big trouble, eventualy, :lol:

Sam.

How will you be able to moan about no decent bass around now? :headhurt:

They are there, you just have to know where to look. Bet your favourite spots booked next time you go.

Well done.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

The moaning will not stop,we have been making the 210 mile round trip to Kent as the shore fishing locally has been very poor for the past two years.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I vsited a secret bass mark in Kent with my angling pal Mat Lee yesterday. We left Essex on Friday at around 11.45pm and arrived at our location in Kent at just after 02.00 on Saturday morning.

The plan was to arrive at a time that would make sure we got the position we wanted before anyone else. This would also give us plenty of time to get set up and catch our live baits before dawn.

Nice fishing and report Sam, but If it was secret why did you have to get there before anyone else??!!........ Just teasing! ........ might try the live bait approach if the wind would drop a bit!

Dan

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com