ITV4 tomorrow night.

gozzer

Well said Dales !!

I'm happy to see any fishing show on main line television, sure we have some major purist on this site who are Anti Everything, but getting youngsters into angling has to be a good thing.

And to be honest if some of the knockers aren't fishing, what's the problem ?

Bob

I've just had a look back through this thread, and I am the only one who has mentioned anything to do with not going fishing. With this in mind, I can only construe that this was a dig at me Bob. It would have been nice to have it addressed to me instead of it being made as a not so sly dig, in a post to another member.

Although it wasn't a question, or even addressed to me, I'll tell you why I'm concerned about the state of angling today, even though I said I would probably have this year off. It's because, as a life long angler, with an interest in all things concerned with angling, (not just the catching), I care about the whole package, not just the fish, but the inter-dependence between everything that makes up the balance of a fishery and it's surroundings. Even if I don't cast a line, I enjoy just sitting by a fishery/stretch of water, watching. I'm certainly not a "purist", or "anti everything", just someone who is concerned whether I'm fishing or not. I suppose it's similar to you caring so much about the state of angling long after you've shed your 'mortal coil', and becoming feed for some future anglers bait.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I've just had a look back through this thread, and I am the only one who has mentioned anything to do with not going fishing. With this in mind, I can only construe that this was a dig at me Bob. It would have been nice to have it addressed to me instead of it being made as a not so sly dig, in a post to another member.

Although it wasn't a question, or even addressed to me, I'll tell you why I'm concerned about the state of angling today, even though I said I would probably have this year off. It's because, as a life long angler, with an interest in all things concerned with angling, (not just the catching), I care about the whole package, not just the fish, but the inter-dependence between everything that makes up the balance of a fishery and it's surroundings. Even if I don't cast a line, I enjoy just sitting by a fishery/stretch of water, watching. I'm certainly not a "purist", or "anti everything", just someone who is concerned whether I'm fishing or not. I suppose it's similar to you caring so much about the state of angling long after you've shed your 'mortal coil', and becoming feed for some future anglers bait.

John.

John,

I will leave other to decide from your previous post, if you sound snoppish and elitist ?

And as I did not address my post to you personally, it has to be in your own assumption !!

Bob

John,

I will leave other to decide from your previous post, if you sound snoppish and elitist ?

And as I did not address my post to you personally, it has to be in your own assumption !!

Bob

Well Bob I will also leave it to others to decide if you meant me in your post. But seeing as I was the only one to criticise the programme, and mention not fishing in my posts, there doesn't seem much doubt.

As to whether I'm considered 'Snobbish', elitist, or whatever, i always leave to others to decide for themselves, I'm not easily offended, and always willing to discuss/defend/explain, anything I say,no cryptic digs at anyone.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I'm afraid with your previous post, you do sound snobbish, elitist and selfish, your words not mine ?

Bob

There's no need to be afraid Bob, I said anyone's welcome to their opinion of me, and I don't take offence easily. I bet it feels grand to get it off your chest and out in the open. I do find it a bit rich though coming from a man who thinks that some of those on here that don't agree with him, have "a bit of the " Green Eye Monster " thing" , in regard to your record with big fish. Your words Bob, not mine!

John

Edited by gozzer

Well, I think it is a dreadful program, but it is still better than Jeremy Wade's nonsense

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

There's no need to be afraid Bob, I said anyone's welcome to their opinion of me, and I don't take offence easily. I bet it feels grand to get it off your chest and out in the open. I do find it a bit rich though coming from a man who thinks that some of those on here that don't agree with him, have "a bit of the " Green Eye Monster " thing" , in regard to your record with big fish. Your words Bob, not mine!

John

Out of Context again John, but if that's the best you can do, I leave it to you !!

Bob

I wouldn't be so despondent about the future of Angling in the UK, its no use thinking that young anglers are going to mirror traditional methods that we used or still use. For example the fastest growing sector in Sea Angling at the moment is Light Rock Fishing (LRF) and this is largely led by anglers under the age of thirty, Similarly the growth area in coarse angling is lure fishing for Pike and Perch etc. and that is even outstripping the sales of carp gear, the previous sector leader. Again this is largely youth led, so I am very optimistic about the future of angling, it will be different that's all.

Tony

Dropshotting/vertical jigging ultralite lures major growth areas in coarse angling and the ones I see doing it on canals lakes and the Thames whilst we are out and about are youngsters up to 40 ish ....great way for mates to target a length of river or esp canal catch a few bit of banter and always on the move are its plus points and the fact that the next fish could be a monster ,even things like fly fishing for preds or other coarse fish and fishing from kayaks both sea and rivers are slowly growing areas....worry about clubs keeping hold of some river sections though longterm wise
  • Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Out of Context again John, but if that's the best you can do, I leave it to you !!

Bob

Entirely within context Bob, but I too will leave it at that.

John.