New John Wilson Programme

Elton

Just received news of this from Discovery. More details here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/john_wils...am_fishing.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, can't wait. I'm gonna count how many times he uses the phrases: "We're in!". "This feels like a good fish", "Be careful with this one Wilson!" and does that manic laugh.

not to forget......."lovely.....thats lovely"..........what a fish............

not to forget......."lovely.....thats lovely"..........what a fish............

and..."give it a bit of Teddy" and "ooh, he's still a bit green."

I don't mind John Wilson, but I find he can be rather rude to his ghillies, ordering them about and expecting them to get their rods out the way when he's into a fish and then when they are in he hardly budges. Unless it's one of his 'mates' who seem to be everywhere around the world.

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

I don't mind John Wilson, but I find he can be rather rude to his ghillies, ordering them about and expecting them to get their rods out the way when he's into a fish and then when they are in he hardly budges

But that is what you pay big bucks for!

You pay for the boat and the knowledge of the Captain to where to fish and then you haul them in.

The Ghillies is paid for by the Captain an dhis job is to help and assist you in landing the fish.

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

But that is what you pay big bucks for!

You pay for the boat and the knowledge of the Captain to where to fish and then you haul them in.

The Ghillies is paid for by the Captain an dhis job is to help and assist you in landing the fish.

Keith

Fair enough Keith, I take your point, but I still think he could be a bit less abrupt and a bit nicer to them. Yes it's their job and he's paying them but they have to share the day with each other so he might as well be a nice bloke to the guy. They probably get a very small amount of the money that the boat owners get anyway, and kindness doesn't cost a penny.

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Every guide I know comments on how abrupt JW is! nice to see anglers notice it to! No need for it manners dont cost a thing and if he knows better then why does he bother with the guide in the first place?

Regardless though I will still be watching the new series.Hope it doesnt clash with Miami Ink though as I love looking at that Kats tats! Mucky looking bird or what?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Guest tigger

I havn't got Sky or Cable TV. I'm not gonna pay out for something just to watch one or two programes, co's that what would happen.

I can't weigh up why they don't put it on one of the normal channels.