Sunday Piking on the Canal

BoozleBear

Great write up of a smashing day's fishing! Right, that's me inspired - I've been meaning to do a bit of piking again (haven't done so for years) and now I definitely will. :)

Guest Brumagem Phil

Great story BB, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it :)

Just for your info, a lake near me which usually fishes great for pike is lousy right now.......spoke to two fellahs who spent all day with a total of 5 rods fishing deads and lives in a spot which usually produces really well but they didnt even have a run all day.

Great story BB, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it :)

Just for your info, a lake near me which usually fishes great for pike is lousy right now.......spoke to two fellahs who spent all day with a total of 5 rods fishing deads and lives in a spot which usually produces really well but they didnt even have a run all day.

Wow! Looking at these posts it looks like we were fortunate to get the action we did! I think the total lack of barges must have made a difference. The pike were probably more active due to more prey fish being around through not being scared off by barges. Just my theory.

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

I cant remember such a wet start for years Russ be interesting how this season progress's.It was a strange one for me last year!

yes it has been a bit wet! temps dropped abit then gone back up to,hope it aint a wet winter!

my season wasnt bad last year,but this year i'm trying to be single minded and search out pastures new for teh bigger fish :thumbs:

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Guest Brumagem Phil
The pike were probably more active due to more prey fish being around through not being scared off by barges. Just my theory.

I think you was just bloody lucky! :P:)

little part of the canal near me where i can use small light weight spinners and catch 2lb jax all day (it keeps me happy ya know :P ) they recently connected the canal where once was cut off and put in new locks/gates or what ever had an open day a while ago between 10 or 15 boats went through that days and avrage 5 a day :(

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

little part of the canal near me where i can use small light weight spinners and catch 2lb jax all day (it keeps me happy ya know :P ) they recently connected the canal where once was cut off and put in new locks/gates or what ever had an open day a while ago between 10 or 15 boats went through that days and avrage 5 a day :(

In the summer there is hardly any point fishing the Kennet and Avon in the weekends, about 20 boats in a 6 hour session! :angry:

www.myspace.com/boozlebear