Is downloading music with Morpheus legal?

Lid

Does anyone know if it is legal or illegal to download music files using Morpheus in the UK please?

Does anyone know if it is legal or illegal to download music files using Morpheus in the UK please?

I dont think, realistcly that any downloading of music is legal unless, you have prepaid., or are paying a subscription to download. but i may be wrong.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

you need to read this site m8 ..............

http://www.advicenow.org.uk/go/feature/feature_35.html

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt

........I was reminded of this recent, albeit redundant, law when I was trying out Radiotracker 2, costing £19.99.

It is one of a number of programs that scans thousands of internet radio stations of varying legality to grab any tracks - by genre or artist - you want from those currently being played.

Even if a song is halfway through, it can capture the whole track for use on a computer or music player.

The program, for PCs, is apparently legal because the music comes from a radio station rather than someone else's hard disk - as long as it is for your own use.

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/st...1887267,00.html

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

It is only legal to download music if permission is given by the artist, so for ex, many aspiring artists on You Tube make their music available for download and that is fine but your better known artists don't do it as a rule, perhaps partly because they have a legal contract with their record company not to. So any music on sites like Limewire (this is the one we use ;)) or Morpheous where people download other peoples music, is illegal, but I wouldn't worry about it too much, everybody does it!

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith