more BIG bass

Muttley said..."Tell them to get a bloody job...it ain't rocket science is it!!"

Thanks for that pearl of wisdom. I'll try that next time I'm walking along the pier. I'm sure anyone who's unemployed who happens to be fishing will pack up instantly and rush to the job centre.

I'm not condoning the wholesale slaughter of bass that goes on down there, I wouldn't and dont have anything to do with it. I'm also not going to make excuses for "parasites on the back of all of us tax payers...." as that sort of thing annoys me as much as the next bloke, but put it like this, I wouldn't like to think I had to find a well paid job in north norfolk.

Whats the old saying? There but for the grace of god...

:clap2: Being unemployed does not justify breaking the law by selling bass, especially if you are targeting them to sell. I could understand it if you caught one that was deeply hooked and died and you didn't want it to eat as there's no point in wasting it by throwing it back dead but to commercially fish for them with heavy line etc with the intention of selling them is out of order and Defra should do a buyers and sellers check on the local pubs and restuarants pronto as I'm sure someone on here could point them in the right direction. :clap2:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Oct 12 2006, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:clap2: Being unemployed does not justify breaking the law by selling bass, especially if you are targeting them to sell. I could understand it if you caught one that was deeply hooked and died and you didn't want it to eat as there's no point in wasting it by throwing it back dead but to commercially fish for them with heavy line etc with the intention of selling them is out of order and Defra should do a buyers and sellers check on the local pubs and restuarants pronto as I'm sure someone on here could point them in the right direction. :clap2:

By selling the fish they catch, these un-licenced commercial fishermen aren't breaking the any laws. If the fish are caught from the shore, or from an unpowered vessel under 10 meteres, they can be sold quite legally. If the pub or restuarant buying them is registered under the buyers and sellers act, they aren't breaking any laws either. The only issue is tax evasion.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Oct 12 2006, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

By selling the fish they catch, these un-licenced commercial fishermen aren't breaking the any laws. If the fish are caught from the shore, or from an unpowered vessel under 10 meteres, they can be sold quite legally. If the pub or restuarant buying them is registered under the buyers and sellers act, they aren't breaking any laws either. The only issue is tax evasion.

:clap2: You are absolutely correct about shore/unpowered boat caught fish but the buyers and sellers register is a way to catch them. Not just tax evasion but claiming benefits by deception, aiding and abetting some one on benefit to defraud the system, probably a better way to go than bother Defra or the local SFC, certainly more chance of the relevent authorities bothering to investigate. :clap2:

Thanks for answering the question John. :thumbs:

You've obviously honed your natural stupidity with a few lessons, just for good measure. :lol::lol:

John is just an angler,fisherman,hunter just like 99% of us Steve. He is (rightly so ) proud to show off his catch no more bass shopping down the supermarket for John for a while and no discard or sea-bed damage -everyones a winner.

If it upsets you so much Steve why not join the sons of neptune or take up birdwatching Bill Oddies quite good they say.

John is just an angler,fisherman,hunter just like 99% of us Steve. He is (rightly so ) proud to show off his catch no more bass shopping down the supermarket for John for a while and no discard or sea-bed damage -everyones a winner.

If it upsets you so much Steve why not join the sons of neptune or take up birdwatching Bill Oddies quite good they say.

Missing the point. The trouble with JA's attitude is they see no reason for constraint or killing large fish that we all strive to catch. If his crew went out on a charter and caught 1000 bass they would kill the lot of them. So no he and his kind are NOTHING like me. What's the point in killing large bass, is it for food, is it for profit..?

If you return these fish then there is a very realistic chance it will there next year for you to catch again. It probably had been coming to that area every year of its life.. and you are just killing that mark.

So please don't compare this guy to me...

JRT

It was obviousely a wind up thats why I didnt reply myself.

But the Cromer Pier fishery will now be buggered as this was a very small pocket of large fish and will very soon be over fished.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Hello Clem

My remarks about John were nothing to do with how many fish he keeps or releases. I really couldn't give a damn what he does. In fact looking at the pictures he's posted on this forum, John is hardly a threat to fish stocks is he? I don't think the big bass that were being discussed would have anything to fear from John's presence on the pier.

No, my initial remark was in response to him butting in on an interesting and sensible thread with what was obviously a wind up post aimed at disrupting the debate. In my books, anyone who deliberately winds people up, or attempts to, is fair game for a bit of stick back. When he posted his reply, complete with picture, he just confirmed what I was thinking.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

You can cross me off your 99% list clem, what john e does with his sea angling is up to him but i dont agree with his attitude and dont have to either, if he does not agree with conservation and does not give a jack shyte then he should just say so, i know one thing though he lacks a bit of tact! ie, from a post the other week he was asking anglers on here for unwanted rods and tackle so he could teach youngsters how to fish, going by the photo and comments on here he if he teaches them to knock everything on the head and f**k tomorrow i dont think he is liable to get many anglers donating much gear and imho he is not setting a good example at all........................

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly