Close Season Fishing

BobH

Most of my Winter fishing these days is done on Rivers, with the Close season fast approaching, where will followers of AN be spending there time fishing this Close season.

I have a couple of club lake where I will attempt to catch a Tench or two ?

It's quite difficult to get pass the Carp on these lakes but I was thinking of trying maggot feeder and fake caster ?

Bob

Edited by BobH

Lots of fishing to do after March 14th ! Bob

Still water perch for a start, and come April, back on the rivers for trout. To say nothing of a trip to the coast for some early bass.

...or even buy a salmon/seatrout licence and go spinning for salmon in late March.

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Lots of fishing to do after March 14th ! Bob

Still water perch for a start, and come April, back on the rivers for trout. To say nothing of a trip to the coast for some early bass.

...or even buy a salmon/seatrout licence and go spinning for salmon in late March.

Vagabond, that sounds excellent fishing, I only wish I lived nearer the sea (discounting the Southend Pier), I will continue fishing for Perch and who knows I might catch something on my new Drop shot rod.

Walthamstow is only down the road and I might try a bit of Reservoir Trout fishing with my old friend Ray Taylor, I have not been Trout fishing for years.

Good Luck.

Bob

I spent quite a few years fishing for gravel pit tench in the spring, and loved every minute. Last year I had a switch and fished elsewhere for crucians, which was a really nice change and great fun (lots of accidental tench along the way, too many really!). I'll be doing the same again this year, along with the usual small stream fly fishing for brownies and reservoir fly fishing for rainbows.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have fished during the close season for the past couple of years. I enjoy sunny Sunday afternoons catching carp off the surface and I've targeted a club tench lake before with some success although the fish were in poor condition, won't be going back there. I do have in mind a small club lake which is right next to the Kennet, I haven't fished it yet and the thought of running water behind me is quite appealing so I'll be giving that a go this spring.

My problem is that during the long daylight hours I can never get up early enough to experience a proper lakeside misty dawn. I might have to invest in a bivvy but I've resisted that slippery slope for so long...then you need a bedchair, then you need a sleeping bag etc etc.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Stockbridge is open ,come over and freeze while you blank ,mind you i caught a gudgeon in the crayfish trap so i didnt blank,very quiet in the winter here no carp to bring the err campers in

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Bit of fluff chucking with Steve ,Rusty and Matt on a upper bit of the Thames and possibly a bit of the Pang controlled by a farmer I have just done a load of work for...ongoing creeping to achieve....maybe a trip to farmoor and a couple of lakes on club tickets for Tench along with a club bit of the K&A canal that is open after this we can tackle Rusty`s nemesis a Child beale lake Bream

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I have fished during the close season for the past couple of years. I enjoy sunny Sunday afternoons catching carp off the surface and I've targeted a club tench lake before with some success although the fish were in poor condition, won't be going back there. I do have in mind a small club lake which is right next to the Kennet, I haven't fished it yet and the thought of running water behind me is quite appealing so I'll be giving that a go this spring.

My problem is that during the long daylight hours I can never get up early enough to experience a proper lakeside misty dawn. I might have to invest in a bivvy but I've resisted that slippery slope for so long...then you need a bedchair, then you need a sleeping bag etc etc.

Being on the water for those misty dawns in spring is exactly why I joined the carp brigade in sleeping on the water in a bivvy. The pressure to get to a water , prepare to fish, get bait in etc all before dawn at 4am was just too much.

I started several years ago and now enjoy my spring fishing so much more.

Of course being there the night before allows you to see the water as dark falls and light arrives. The 2 most important times to watch a water. Obviously with the night being short then sleep can be a problem hence when bivvied up you can snooze during daylight hours.

John

• Like 2