Close Season Fishing

BobH

This close season I am going to be concentrating on a club lake downhill from Whipsnade zoo which used to be a trout fishery and has around 20 large Grass Carp in it, I haven't caught one of these before and it will be quite a challenge hooking one as they don't get hooked very often, there are also a few Tincas in there if I get nowhere with the Grass Carp.

I am also going to do a bit of Bass fishing on the beach next to where we've just bought our holiday static.

Sea Bass is another species that have always avoided me.

Keith (BoldBear)

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I'll probably go to local club waters as I've a couple of cane poles to try out ,theres trout in my local small river I could go worming for ,but probably not ,I usually go fishing with family to local commercials (usually teaching my nephews different types of fishing ,I try too wean them off carp fishing) but i'm still working six days a week so I don't get out much as i'd like.but might squeeze a tench trip in someware down the line .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Chasing wild brown trout in the Thames on the fly - I know for sure that they exist in sufficient numbers to justify chasing them, but locating and catching them will be a challenge.

I have remembered to buy a ticket to the club that gets me my usual closed season WBT fly fishing, so if the Thames wears me down I know I can go there and catch.

We've got a week's holiday in Scotland with my folks, my sister, her kids. There's a couple of lochans to go at, so I'm going to see if I can teach them to fly fish.

I will hopefully get a few sessions in on Farmoor.

I have to work out which clubs I will join this season, but I am sure I will find some stillwater tench fishing to go at.

Then hopefully there is the Wingham fish in, if I get a place.

Nothing for me until the start of May, but then I will be after tench and crucians again.....unless we get a warm April in which case I might not be able to resist the pull of being by a lake on a misty dawn!