taking a dunk

jonsok1

Excellent test....did your brother have a wading belt on ?

As a fly fisher for many years, the one thing you must wear when in waders is a wading belt, it can slow the amount of water that enters them when you go under ....seen quite a few people stumble while wading, and a couple that have gone under while wading deep. The wearing of a wading belt stops the sudden rush of water into them, you still get wet though.

On some of the US sites they recomend waders for Kayaking , both neo and breathable, if used with two belts and a good dry top.

Dave :)

Hi Dave,

No he did not have a belt on either. The waders were a good fit though. Not like some of the baggy oversized RT ones that are on the market. I think if using the waders at sea, as you say,the belt would be a must. He also had his waders over the top of the Cag just to make it as fair a test as possible. Worn correctly it would be even better I would think. One other point, but something I would not recomend trying, is that he was not wearing a life jacket :nono: .It was just taken off for the test. There were 3 other Kayaks floating behind the camera for saftey as well. The bouyancy of the waders kept him afloat in the water without any assistance. :thumbs:

Neil.

Edited by Neil

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I miss this post over the last week!!!!

Great re-entry with Waders on :thumbs:

Last year(April) I tried my 5mm Diving suit,but had to go in the water to cool off I got way to hot in it.Then last winter I used my Farmer Johns with Gortex over trousers and a warm wind proof smock.That worked ok,as long as I stayed in the Kayak.

Then I used my Chest waders in Poole Harbour.I was warm as toast with them on.But I never tried the re-entry with them on.

But now I have the Dry suit there is no Turning back for me.I may still use the Chest Waders for Harbour use.

zzippy2.gif

Hi Neil

Nice reentry. Were the waders flooded?

As well as dispelling the wader myth, the clip also demonstrates how to rentry on a Scupper Pro.

Jerseyram take note :bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

SDD~~~~~~~~ :sun:

I agree great trial and conclusion as such i enclose a slice pie for those who wish to eat some.

post-9402-1161468890_thumb.jpg

I will have a good ol piece of that., and if Captains Organ is looking........... NICE ONE :)

Let me be the first to be big and ugly enough to say you were 100% right :yeah::yeah::yeah:

SDD~~~~~~~ :sun:

[quote name='Zzippy' date='Oct 22 2006, 09:10 AM' post='684568

But now I have the Dry suit there is no Turning back for me.

me either---

but each to their own :yeah:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Niel and Brother,

Thanks for posting that clip, got to hand it you guy's - you have balls.

Sdd and SJJ,

Thanks for the kind words - but everyone is allowed their own opinion (not always right - but their own non the less) :blink:

All the best

Mike

Absolutely mate :yeah:

SDD~~~~~ :sun: