Poaching not for the pot.

terry t shirt

I know this is wrong and haven't ever done it yet. But i wonder how many of us are very tempted to fish venues we dont have either permission to fish or the relevant club book. With the end of the river season coming soon there are a lot of bits of river i doubt i'd see another angler on let alone a bailiff .

Would you risk it ???

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

I know this is wrong and haven't ever done it yet. But i wonder how many of us are very tempted to fish venues we dont have either permission to fish or the relevant club book. With the end of the river season coming soon there are a lot of bits of river i doubt i'd see another angler on let alone a bailiff .

Would you risk it ???

If I were to risk it I don't think I'd broadcast it on the internet beforehand.

If I were to risk it I don't think I'd broadcast it on the internet beforehand.

Yup, if I had fishing in your area, i might keep an extra eye out after reading this.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I didn't mean i was going to poach, Plus i travel anything up to 150 miles for work so local area is the entire country almost.

It was more a thought of how tempted do we all get when we see that nice little stretch of river etc.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

No I wouldn't fish rivers out of season whether it be on a club book or not but temptation has got the better of me on a couple of occasions during the river season, letting the float go too far downstream or not looking too hard for the fishery limit sign, that sort of stuff. What I've found is the same as when I was a kid (when poaching was obligatory) and that is that the grass is always greener until you get there, it's often tempting but rarely worth the bother.

• Like 3

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Would you risk it ???

Never and I hope they bring back castration for those who do !!

Bob

Never and I hope they bring back castration for those who do !!

Bob

I'd second that today but I haven't always been an angel LOL..

I used to poach at night on the river Kennet back in the late 70s for a short time when I was a lot younger and still had soap behind my ears, but never out of season.

However for the last 40 or so years I have been on the other side of the fence, helping to keep poachers away.

Keith (BoldBear)

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I fish the rivers regularly in the "closed season". It only takes a few minor tweaks and a little self restraint to stay within the law.

I don't believe that we should have a closed season on rivers but I'm not about to go out trotting maggots or fishing a feeder, setting myself up for a prosecution by the EA.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

there was /is always legal methods for fishing rivers all year round ,no need to break any laws ,just a change of methods /styles of fishing .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

No I wouldn't, there are lots of ways of fishing legally through the spring. I do spend a bit of time exploring new stretches of river in the closed season, it's a great time for it.

If you are really determined there are a few ways to skirt the law such as 'trout' and 'salmon' fishing.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music