maggot drought hits south manchester and cheshire

Jonah13

anywhere else in the country experiencing a maggot shortage? The farm that supplies the local tackle shop has had major problems with the "breeding" and flies laying eggs if the local rummours are to be believed.......

no shops had any left by saturday lunchtime

PS i'm sitting on 5pints of mixed and will be back out fishing tomorrow

hi jonah, not spoke for a while. Need to arrange a day out somewhere, roman lakes ? I`ll get my carp gear out :D

With regards to the message, my tackle shop in Radcliff was fine so N Manch obviously wasnt hit!

get in touch, fancy it this week or next!?

Chris

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com

had several decent roach approx 1lb up to 1&3/4lbs last visit to the main lake also got some perch but only under 1lb

A lovely 8lb bream came out of the next swin to me caught on carp rig and pop up bollies, no carp being caught at present there though!

I'm going out fishing tomorrow ( day off work..)but not sure where to go may go to the reddish vale reservoirs.

see my other thread seriously thinking of joining bay malton club situated in Alty very soon so will keep you in the picture matey

[ 28. March 2005, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Jonah13 ]

"North West Anglers in Hindley were reported to be selling maggies at a quid a pint. "

I heard that rumour round the campfire, couldn't have been for a profit - surely?

£2.20 at Lostock Tackle Box

Andy

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

• 2 weeks later...

Well Issac i've never ever had a problem with them or the quality of their maggots :confused:

maybe you just picked an "off day" all bait shops have them? they are normally good quality and have all the different colours etc to choose from? and i still dont know where else charge a £ a pint, it must be a loss leader as most shops charge an average of £2.20 and still only make coppers on the sale

• 2 weeks later...

You're probably right Jonah13. Will check them out next time I,m in.

--------------------------------

"To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day."

Keep the Leprechaun out of Old Trafford.