PAC FURY OVER NUDD'S CALL FOR PIKE CULL

Elton

Just like the PAC, and most decent anglers or anyone who has got an interest in predator fishing or fishing in general, we are still waiting for bob nudd to answer to his comments, as yet there hads been no hint of a retraction and even in the anglers mail, pages dedicated to his comments have been met with much criticism, and yet in the middle of the paper, he has a spread on bagging up!!! So he can provide material for an article but not come out and answer to his comments? I think bob doesnt want to retract his comments and beleives that pike shopuld be culled or moved! When this broke, i gave him the benefit of the doubt and suspected paper spin etc but after 2 weeks he has still not appologised. well the man has got some nerve and he has lost my respect as a fellow angler.

At the end of the day, it should not be pressure from the PAC or the angling public that makes him retract his statement, it should be common sense and a clear understanding of aquatic ecosystems, the need for predators and the effects of pike culls, all of which, as a proffesional angler who has been in the game for years, should of now be aware of! If not he does nothing to alter the matchman stereotype.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough. All said that can be said with most decrying the comments and subsequent behavior (or lack thereof) by the Name in question and one vigorous defender.

If anything new breaks in the news, feel free to start a new thread and link to this one for background if you feel the need.

Closed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President