PAC FURY OVER NUDD'S CALL FOR PIKE CULL

Elton

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leon, nice post, makes a lot of sense I`m predominately a blue water / salty fishing type but when the occasion lends itself I love some pike / salmon and tench fishing.

I`ve actually met, spoke and fished with Bob about five years back. At that time he was a very concientious angler, all for fish preservation and dead against killing anything.

Possibly the passage of years, cash and fame has affected him but not sure. I tend to take as I find and at that time he was a decent, fish / angler type of guy :(:(<_<<_< Then again I`m not too keen on match angling, fresh or saltwater, prefer to have the angler against the fish rather than angler V angler stuff.

Edited by stan4massey

Guest long-trotter

How many Anglers will take matters into their own hands and start their own private culls, using Nudd's words as justification. :wallbash:

How many Anglers will take matters into their own hands and start their own private culls, using Nudd's words as justification. :wallbash:

They didn't need anymore excuses, but this'll certainly give them one. Unfortunately, even if he retracts his statement, the damage will already be done. How much publicity is ever given to retractions?

The comments do seem like a very dumb thing for a well known angler like Mr. Nudd to say.

However, condemning all anglers who fish matches because of Bob Nudd's public statement seems a bit unfair.

Save your breath Newt, Match anglers are used to this sort of prejudice, I had to laugh when one of the above posters said we would all somehow be influenced by something printed in the News of the World! and a few short weeks ago he asked the question on here "do you believe everything you read?"

Peter Waller , are you saying ALL match anglers unhook their quarry in this way? Because I do not and I know of no others that do........more unfounded prejudice.

Personally I do not believe Bob said this, it is so out of his character to do so.

Edited by Bob Bradford

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

sorry bob, have to disagree, seen it far to many times After matches, seen them livebait (not allowed on that water) catch 7 kill a jack a say "thats the ******* that cost me the money. Small match on Ravely SEEN giving livebaits to immigrants "so long as they took them home". Sorry but these guys disgust me.

sorry bob, have to disagree, seen it far to many times After matches, seen them livebait (not allowed on that water) catch 7 kill a jack a say "thats the ******* that cost me the money. Small match on Ravely SEEN giving livebaits to immigrants "so long as they took them home". Sorry but these guys disgust me.

Well you must be correct then Dave, but I have a question for you,in fact for all of you,

If match anglers kill so many Pike........ why are there so many of them ?according to Bob Nudd that is !

so which is it, just so I can sleep easily tonight, Match anglers murder all the Pike so there are very few of them or there are thousands of them and they need a good culling program?

I can still remember the heated debate I had with so many of you on here regarding removing fish for the pot, poster after poster said how they loved the taste of Pike and would fight for the right to catch and kill, when I pointed out this was a selfish act of vandalism I was berated.....Do as I say ..not as I do springs to mind....what a bunch of hypocrites some of you really are.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

Because they livebait they mostly catch jacks, although I have found a twenty rotting under a bush. the point is, there are not "shoals of pike" around in the rivers & removing lots of them upsets the natural balance.

Here we go again!

These stupid arguments do nothing for anglers and angling. When are people going to accept that there are good and bad anglers, be they match, specimen or so called pleasure anglers. As often said so many times on here, the biggest threat to angling today, is the attitude of anglers themselves.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John