Sea Fishing and Conservation

Don't think you'll offend anyone Mr M, sure by now most people realize what a nieve irritaing individulal you are :thumbs:

Scott

i really think we ought to have some ENGLISH lessons on here !!!

the spelling is ridiculous!!!

get back to school.

as kathy burke once said "fik as ****"

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys theres no need to have such strong feelings because JE took a box full of fish. Thats 1 box of fish in I don't know how many sessions, he's hardly a threat to fish stocks, read his reports he'll tell you himself he's a total blanker!

Who mentioned John E? I have no issues with him at all.

My question still stands:

"So all you 'Anglers' at what point do you think you have enough fish for the pot and then start returning them? Serious question. "

JRT

Everybody is different JRT, I personally have kept one Bass this year which went to my old Nan, I don't eat fish generally.

But then there are other guys that feel the need to feed half of their entire town.............and their dogs.

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

My question still stands:

"So all you 'Anglers' at what point do you think you have enough fish for the pot and then start returning them? Serious question. "

JRT

Every angler will have a different point of view on that JRT. I for one would never feel it necessary to justify what i keep for the pot, i will take what i feel is appropriate for me. There will be people this forum who's blood would boil if you admitted to taking as little as 2 or 3 fish home for the pot.

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

I think alot of people who have replied on this thread, including the person who started it, have missed the point.

Personally I wasn't offended by the photo of the box of dead school bass. It would be nice if people used their loaves and only took fish that were of a proper size, but as far as the rules go, John E and his mates didn't break any.

No, what offended me was John E's intentions. He butted into a thread that was about the benefits of catch and release of big bass, and how it can save a mark from being dessimated. John had nothing constructive to add to the debate but, for reasons best known to him, decided to post inflamatory comments with the hope getting a reaction. When he got the reaction he was after, he posted the now infamous picture of the box of dead schoolies, again hoping it would spark another reaction.

That picture was posted in a catch report John E did well before this lot kicked off, and not a word was said. It's not the picture that has caused the problems, as far as I'm concerned, it's his deliberate, (and successful), wind up attempt. I'm not a catch and release freak, but I do release the majority of what I catch because I believe in responsible angling practices. I take what fish I want to eat, and choose to self impose slot sizes on the fish I do take. According to John E, that makes me immature and small minded???

Just for the record John E, I know what a priest is, and I know how to use one, (ask Elton!!) Unlike you, I know where mine is and don't have to ask myself on an open fishing forum where I've put it, just to p*** people off.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.