Golf? Anybody else play it?

Crackin Clax

No, but I'm welding one up, infact I do have a handicap, I had to go to A and E today to get part of it removed from my eye!!! ;) Now what was it Tom Sawyer said about golf? ;) ;)

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Hey....

Anyone play golf? Whats your handicao and where abouts do you play?

CC

Hi CC, Used to play, but havent for almost 25 years......younger brother plays a lot, he was up from Nottingham last week on a visit, went to play Dullatur, where our grandfather was Greenkeeper /Professional in the 30's.....NEVER again, Bro had one of those wee battery car thingys....chasing it UP hills, mine was brute labour...needed to lie in a darkened room for the rest of the week. ..... :blink::blink::blink:

BTW, I used to play Kilsyth, he plays Trent Lock , somewhere in Nottingham....I actually tried to play it a good few years ago, nice course, but I was playing the 6th instead of the 1st, which runs alongside each other!!!!! Got round in about 135, for 9 holes....not bad eh !!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hey....

Anyone play golf? Whats your handicao and where abouts do you play?

CC

i have played a game or two, not sure of hadicap, but had twenety lessons off a pro last year, still slicing the dam thing though, so went back to what i do best

fishing lol.

why do you ask. you fancy a round or two.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

Gave my clubs away in '64 when I joined the Navy and never took up the game again.

I do know a few folks who seem to like it as much as I like fishing. Don't understand them but it seems a harmless enough form of lunacy so .....

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Played until about 6 years ago. Got down to a 19 handicap though it was a good day when I played to it.

Eventually twigged that a bad day's golf left me wishing I hadn't bothered and wishing I had the money back. I've never had that with fishing, even after a cold windswept day of blanking :)

I can give you a good price on a lovely set of "shank proof" Fila irons. I always was a bit of a shanker ;)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Gave my clubs away in '64 when I joined the Navy and never took up the game again.

Newt, Off topic, but not for long !!!...You were Navy ??? same era as my uncle...he ended his time as a CPO....still works for them, all be it in a civilian capacity in San Diego, where his last posting was....hes originally from W. Virginia !!! :D:D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norrie - I was Navy for a time as a hospital corpsman (medic) and found out that the Marine Corps has no medical folks but borrow them from the Navy.

Peace time and that is not a problem since the duty is great and the guys that get the assignments are carefully selected from a fairly large pool of volunteers.

War time and corpsmen tend to get chewed up pretty quickly. I went through a 12 week orientation to the Marine Corps ways of doing things along with 320 other corpsmen. 319 of us went to combat units and 24 managed to finish a full tour without getting dead, badly wounded, or lightly wounded three times (all of which allowed you to leave the combat zone).

After my hitch in the Navy ended and after spending about half of it in the mud with strangers shooting at me rather than on a nice, clean ship, I took a one pay grade reduction to switch over the the Coast Guard. Retired as a Warrant Officer but I think my time on an icebreaker as a CPO was more fun. :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President