is newt on his hols

s_mac

i havent been to a barbers since i was 21 ,my mrs does it

makes me laugh all these silly people buying "designer" glasses

too right chesters, I do my moustache, beard, hair front, top and sides. Norma tidies up the back. Have saved enough on haircutting fees over the years to pay for our trip to Brazil.

Just bought a pack of three pairs of reading specs for $7 the pack. here in Texas -

"designer" specs - don't make me laugh. Some were on display at $69 a pair.

Same principle goes for fishing apparel - you can pinch a perfectly adequate fishing jacket from the nearest scarecrow :) or if you want something upmarket, a couple of quid invested at Sue Ryders will see you right.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Getting down very near freezing at night this week so the water is a bit cool for any outdoor water sports. Next summer will be the soonest we do any chunky dunking.

Soon be time to get your skates out then Newt, you & Jan could be the next Torville & Dean????? ;):D

Making the most of it

Chi dorme non piglia pesci

Jan can do the ice skating bit. She was born and grew up 'up nawth' where the water turns hard during the winter.

I'm a southern softy and our water mostly stayed soft with the occasional period where there was a little ice but not much. Tried ice skating one time after I was grown. Once.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President