waders

Russell Fitzpatrick

hi all

been looking at fishing a fair size tidal river,need a pair of waders to get across the mud and onto the gravel shallows,i have spotted some good looking far bank runs that are alot deeper than the surrounding areas,sure fire lay up points at low tide for esox,

so anyone recommend some waders? dont really want to pay too much,also neporene or rubber?

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Guest Brumagem Phil

Bought myself some ron thomson neoprene chest waders last year....60 quid. One of the knee pads did come unglued and I took them back after about 10 months. Shop said they'd never come across the problem but contacted RT who said it was a bad batch of glue and replaced em without a quibble.

Good product, good service.....cant ask for more at that money.

Edited by Brumagem Phil

Waders are one of my most important winter fishing items and I firmly believe you get what you pay for with them. I have a pair of Daiwa Altmor neoprene chest waders, which are fine, but splashed out on a pair of Simms breathables as I got too hot and sweaty in the neoprenes (even in sub-zero temps) after walking any distance. Things are much better in the breathables.

Paul

I now use Neoprene and prefer them over rubber. lighter and more comfortable without ( 2 years old to date ) any form of perishing that can affect rubber.

I do ensure they are stored in a dark place and washed and dried after each use.

Andrew Boyd

cheers for the replys guys

look like teh neoprenes are the ones to get then!

funnily enough phil i was thinking about ron thompson,as i didnt want to pay to much and they do good gear at low prices,also breathables are a good idea.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!