Legitimate fishing methods ?

BobH

All,

May I take Cory's pedant role for a moment? The "Colorado Divide" is the Continental Divide. Water West of the divide goes to the Pacific Ocean and water East of the Divide ends up in the Atlantic Ocean. Few anglers go to the extreme to fish these stream headwaters in the upper reaches of the Rocky Mountains. Air is a rare commodity.

Phone

May I take Cory's pedant role for a moment? The "Colorado Divide" is the Continental Divide.

To be really pedantic I should have said "that part of the Continental Divide that lies in Colorado"

...as opposed to those sections of the Divide that lie in Wyoming and places north or in New Mexico and places south.

...and yes the air is rare up there, and its the only place I've been where a gust of wind picked my fly-line off the surface and flung it in my face. Really wild fishing though, and I am very glad to have experienced it.

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

All,

May I take Cory's pedant role for a moment? The "Colorado Divide" is the Continental Divide. Water West of the divide goes to the Pacific Ocean and water East of the Divide ends up in the Atlantic Ocean. Few anglers go to the extreme to fish these stream headwaters in the upper reaches of the Rocky Mountains. Air is a rare commodity.

Phone

I wonder if its true or just some myth ,has there been a time when hundreds of thousands of people have stood on that line watching which way raindrops run?

Its a bit like fish existing only in river X ,theres a great difference between none anywhere else and a small number that might but not spotted yet,not a year goes by and the words "thought to be extinct" grabs the headline or far more commonly "new lifeform"

Also wondered why people still walk to the poles when you can just drive there ? At one time that was supposedly impossible so supposition is just that ,perhaps supposition should be a criminal offence and punishable by a day in the stocks when found to be incorrect

Mind you is there enough wood on earth for all these scientists that appear to have lifetime careers based on supposition

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters1,

I suppose it is a supposition the sun will rise and set from East to West. A preponderance if the evidence suggests this theory is factual since science is responsible for the parameters in the definition .

Notice, I did not say ALL the water in either case although I know of no exceptions.

Phone

it may do the magnetic poles change ever so often but perhaps the world slowing to a stop is more possible than it stopping and restarting in the opposite direction so while not certain we don't know why it started in the first place so cannot say it wont again (it either will or it will not) the moon doesn't spin but i wont say a big rock wont hit it next week starting it off! LOL

there are always exceptions

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

....the magnetic poles change ever so often

That's right, frequent (on a geological time-scale) magnetic pole reversals can be detected by measuring the direction of the magnetism in iron-rich minerals in igneous rocks - like the basaltic ocean floor. (The mineral's magnetic direction is "set" as the igneous rock cools in whatever direction the Earth's field lies at the time).

We used to amuse our students by adding an extra Aesop-style fable - that crabs navigate by magnetic fields (as some birds do)

The crab evolved millions of years back and has become so p1ssed off with having to re-learn magnetic field orientation at each polar reversal that it said "the hell with it" and decided to walk sideways. :)

• Like 2

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...