Pirana in Stockport !

Ken L

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looking at the 3 pics, the first one he has a track suit on with grey shirt underneath

The second pick, he has taken his track suit top off to reveal a blue T shirt

The third pic has him back in his track suit with grey T shirt.

Wonder why this was??????

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

Just looking at the 3 pics, the first one he has a track suit on with grey shirt underneath

The second pick, he has taken his track suit top off to reveal a blue T shirt

The third pic has him back in his track suit with grey T shirt.

Wonder why this was??????

sean

looks to me as though the second pic was taken when he first caught the fish and the first and third pic were taken when the fish was found dead a few days later ,as you can clearly see the second pic the pic looks freshish and the other two pics the fish is rotton ...

looks to me as though the second pic was taken when he first caught the fish and the first and third pic were taken when the fish was found dead a few days later ,as you can clearly see the second pic the pic looks freshish and the other two pics the fish is rotton ...

I agree. White shirt, live fish, grey shirt dead fish.

OK. I'm not going to cast aspersions on the honesty of the youngster in question, because I think it's unfair to call a boy I've never met a liar. So without meaning any disrespect to the boy, or to imply that any but the first of these are true, here are some possibilities:

1. The fish was living and feeding in the pool, it took the boy's spinner and he caught it. Either as a result of the trauma of that or because of the falling temperatures, it subsequently snuffed it. The boy or his friends found it and more photos were taken.

2. Someone chucked it in the pond. It started to die more or less immediately. The boy saw it struggling in the margins and netted it. He claimed that he'd caught it by fair angling and was then unable to back out of the lie when it snowballed. It subsequently snuffed it in short order. The boy or his friends found it and more photos were taken.

3. Someone chucked it in the pond. It died more or less immediately. The boy found it. He claimed that he'd caught it by fair angling and was then unable to back out of the lie when it snowballed. The boy or his friends kept it and more photos were taken.

4. The boy and his co-conspirators obtained a stuffed piranha and a dead piranha of similar sizes, and faked the whole thing.

When I was a kid, one of our friends caught a half-pound roach which to us was a huge fish. We didn't see him catch it and we never were convinced that he didn't actually find it half dead in the margins and net it. I met up with an old fishing buddy the other year and had a good laugh about it, and we still couldn't decide whether he was telling the truth or not. So, it isn't beyond the imagination of boys to net a dying fish and pass it off as a capture.

Or someones breeding them to live in cold water! :unsure:

Anyone see the film? :o

Yes, with the open-for-a-sequel ending that never led to a sequel?

Anyway, if I wanted to breed something really vicious I'd go for huge GM sticklebacks. Ever seen how nasty those little buggers are? Imagine a couple of 20lb sticklebacks fighting over your arms...

However most species only grow to a pound or so - AFAIK the black is the biggest of the piranhas

I had always thought that the Piraya or Rio São Francisco Piranha (Pygocentrus piraya) was the biggest of the 'true' Piranha, and it only reaches about 12" maximumum and is found only in the Rio São Francisco in Brazil.

What about Black Pacu (Colossoma macropomum)? They are very closely related to Piranha and can grow up to more than a metre in length and weigh 50+ kilos! Luckily they are mostly vegetarian. I have seen these close up at Marwell Zoo and although they are vegetarian, they still have 'don't mess with me' dentition

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

What about Black Pacu (Colossoma macropomum)? They are very closely related to Piranha and can grow up to more than a metre in length and weigh 50+ kilos! Luckily they are mostly vegetarian. I have seen these close up at Marwell Zoo and although they are vegetarian, they still have 'don't mess with me' dentition

Don't trust 'em, the vegetarian thing is just a rumour they spread about to put passing tapir off their guard. :lol:

Don't trust 'em, the vegetarian thing is just a rumour they spread about to put passing tapir off their guard. :lol:

I did read that they had a penchent for nuts. I always thought they meant Brazils, not tapir. :lol:

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote