Dumping Norton

Ken L

My subscription to Norton IS is up next month and I've decided to dump it in favour of AVG.

Will I be OK with a simple run ththrough "Addor remove programs" and delete the Norton/Symantec stuff or if it more nasty and insidious than that ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I uninstalled everything Norton-related from the Add/Remove Programs dialog and installed AVG. I doubt that I've got rid of all traces, but to all intents and purposes it seems to have gone. There are no processes I recognise as Norton running.

My subscription to Norton IS is up next month and I've decided to dump it in favour of AVG.

Will I be OK with a simple run ththrough "Addor remove programs" and delete the Norton/Symantec stuff or if it more nasty and insidious than that ?

Hi Ken L

I did exactly what you want to do and have/had no problems. :)

Good by and good ridence to Norton/Symantec stuff, long live AVG. :thumbs:

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

Cheers guys. Its paid for upto 06.11.06 so I'll leave it till the weekend before that, do a final Norton virus check and then good riddence.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I uninstalled everything Norton-related from the Add/Remove Programs dialog and installed AVG. I doubt that I've got rid of all traces, but to all intents and purposes it seems to have gone. There are no processes I recognise as Norton running.

if you want to get rid of all traces use a prog like destroy it 2000

. do the add/remove thing then run destroy it click the file relating to Norton then shred it ,

restart then you should have gotten rid of all traces.

i use destroy it to get free agv spy/addware all the time after the free period is up uninstall then shred the file restart then install start free period again. :yeah:

good luck.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My ex had Norton and her PC pretty much blew up in the week. Turns out it had 500 infected files and windows was terminally corrupted. She's now going with Panda once the PC is fully repaired.

I use AVG, never had any problems.

Rob.

• 1 month later...
Stupid question to follow!

What is AVG ?

Cheers

http://www.grisoft.com/doc/products-avg-an...ng/us/tpl/tpl01

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.