Dumping Norton

Ken L

The best anti virus is kasperspy which is around £30 a year. there is a version of avg which is free but nothing like as good as kasper'

A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now ditched Norton, using the removal tool in this thread, and installed AVG. Already, the difference in performance is immense :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Have to be honest I still use AVG on the laptop and the wife is ALWAYS downloading games but not a problem to date!

However on my PC I have had AVG pro for the two years. I had a problem with the programme JUST before the licence was due to be recharged and AVG were absolutely hopeless!!! And I mean to the point I had NO cover for several days as I could not download! Contact was futile and yet they STILL managed to get through that my licence was ending soon!!

Then Leon came to the RESCUE? And i installed NOD 32. STILL no problems AND it is self updating, so we will stick with NOD for a period and see what transpires?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Sorry to hear you've had problems with AVG Chris but it has to be said that thousands of people use it and love it and it's FREE. Norton is good too (if you don't mind signing up to the Thought Police) but it's NOT FREE. :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
I've now ditched Norton, using the removal tool in this thread, and installed AVG. Already, the difference in performance is immense :)
just done the same, what a difference. the computer actually runs now without slowing down every 5 minutes.