Have you ever fallen In ?

kestrel

Late Saturday afternoon I was setting up for an overnighter and decided to check a pop up in the margin. I leant over a wooden platform when all of a sudden my hand slipped and I fell into the lake head first.

I would'nt have minded but 10 minutes earlier there was a monsoon and all my tackle etc got wet. During this monsoon I saw a rainbow which appeared to start a few yards out in my swim ! I thought this was a sign.

The lake bed ,unfortunately was not gravel but the blackest silt ( I said silt) you could imagine. I was covered head to toe in this silt. My wife had to come over and bring me a fresh set of clothes. I had to drive around the lake in my pants and a pair of socks to meet her at the gate. On my way I met many members who must have thought I was a perv.

Fortunately I had emptied all my coins,wallet ,mobile and car keys from my pockets 10 minutes earlier.

I also had the good fortune to have another anglersnet member with me at the time , who witnessed this great event. How he kept a straight face for 30 seconds I do not know. Everytime I think of it I just laugh out loud. :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

I blanked ! my mobile phone also got wet and locked up , when I got home yesterday I had to leave all my tackle scattered around the house to get it dry. I have a bruised chest,swollen wrist,cut knee and scratches on one arm. I am lucky I didn't do any serious damage. Its a night I will never forget !

An angler in the swim 60 yards away walked past and said " you look wet " I told him what happened and he said those words which really help " you should have brought a a set of spare clothes with you ! "

I thanked him for his kind and helpful words !

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Some years back I was playing a carp hooked on a floater in a peg opposite my father in law.

Standing talking to me was a mate who had given me a baitrunner 4500 he had purchased in the USA.

It was the first time I had used the reel and as I played the fish I stepped off the wodden platform sideways, my top half landed in a bramble bush and from the waist down in the water.

Both of them laughed themselves stupid and did not even help me untangle myself or get out of the water.

I also lost the fish!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

my m8 was netting a fish for me that i hooked on a floating piece of bread the fish was in the net and he passed me the net fo9r some reason he turned round and fell in LOL i was laughing all day long best day of my fishing career cause i also caught my biggest fish that day :D

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

2 Occassions for me :oops:

1: I was only about 12 and was fishing on the river mole at Hampton Court. The bank was quite steep and I was having trouble pushing my bank stick into the ground near the rivers edge, so I stood with my back to the river to try and get a better angle of push on the bany stick needless to say when it suddenly went in I lost my footing and shot backwards into the river nmuch to the amusement oif my friends.

2: was in France, having worked all day and driven all night to arrive at the venue I was shattered so set up etc and went to bed, at about 2.00am I had a fast take on one of the rods and in my half awake half asleep state came out of the bivvy and ran past my rods and into the lake :oops:

The next one will be a biggy

I've feel in many a time ,not for a few years tho.Due to soon.

I am glad I am not the only one who has gone for an unexpected swim ! what makes me laugh is the number of times I have told the kids " stop messing about or you'll fall in !" they never have.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

I've never fell in whilst fishing but I managed to fall off the gang plank whilst on a canal boat holiday as a kid. I have however got wet more than a few times;

On one occasion I had a run that snagged me and I thought I'd walk in and free it. Unfotunately the water was about 3ft deep and it was mid winter ! I was also wearing my very warm (when dry) one piece suit. As expected I got soaked and very cold and of course the fish had long since departed :(

On another ocassion I was sea fishing and my mate got his line snagged over some rocks. I decided to help him out by walking out and freeing the line for him. The only problem was that it was a foot deep when we started, the tide was coming in, and it was quite choppy ! I waded out in my one piece suit (see 1) above) and got decidedly damp as it was now about 2 feet deep and the waves were about the same ! On this ocaisson the suit remained suprisingly dry, but I was still pretty damp. I don't think we caught anything then either :(

Rob

Edited by RobStubbs

Iv slid down the bank before while putting in a bankstick. Ended up above my waist in water. Had to pull myself out by grabbing onto long grass cos my dad cudnt stop laughing long enough to help me.

steve.

Yep I've fallen in. I was fishing on the river Witham a few years ago with my brother on law and the bank gave way, down I went straight up to my waist. Every-one was laughing even me as it was summer time, so not too cold, but cold enough. When I pulled my self up and out of the water, I got to the top of the bank and slipped straight back down into the same spot of river.

I was fishing a lake local to me once, when a chap arrived with his son over on the other side. They set up on a double peg with a large landing stage on it. The young lad was the first to set up, but couldn't get a bank stick in, so dad tried for him. The bank stick wouldn't go in so he really pushed on it whilst bending over the edge of the landing stage. The obvoius happened, head first in the lake. We, over on the other side couldn't stop laughing, but when his son shouted at him "mind my rod, you'll break it" we were in histerics.

On the other lake their my mate fell in, wearing wellies a big wax coat etc. He seemed to be gone for ages, and when he came up to the surface we pulled him out. His wellies had got thick black silt on them, he said that you go down to the bottom really quick, but it seems to take for-ever to get back to the surface. He is by the way a really good and strong swimmer, but with his wellies etc on he struggled, had it been me I think that I would have been in real trouble. A while later he said laughing " I was plumbing the depth, and yes it is 16 feet deep" That made us feel a little better but, but it still worries me that he could so easily have drowned.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"