Hampton Springs

rooney888

Im fishing my clubs day out on 27th September up there and wandered if anyone had any advice or tips. Ive checked out there website but doesent give you a great deal of info just odd bits and wandered if anyone had fished it.

We'll be fishing the Rock Pool. Theres quite a few rules in place on the fishery so my usually tactics are out the window so i thought about going back to my old method of meat and corn.

Any tips will be greatfull and thanks in advance :D

84854438.png

A good alround fishery. Any method seems to work and its rammed full of fish. If you phone them and get the owner he's usually v helpful. I fished there earlier in the year and got bites on whatever I put on the hook.

Good luck

Im fishing my clubs day out on 27th September up there and wandered if anyone had any advice or tips. Ive checked out there website but doesent give you a great deal of info just odd bits and wandered if anyone had fished it.

We'll be fishing the Rock Pool. Theres quite a few rules in place on the fishery so my usually tactics are out the window so i thought about going back to my old method of meat and corn.

Any tips will be greatfull and thanks in advance :D

Just looked at their web site, and you're not kidding about the rules! :o

http://www.hamptonsprings.co.uk/Rules.htm

Have I missed something? I can't see any mention of unhooking mats. :unsure:

I had to laugh at a couple of endorsements on the site.

Angling Times, "excellent stocking policy".

Anglers Mail, "Hampton Springs is solid with fish".

Depending on your viewpoint, the two statements could be seen as contrary. :D

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Have I missed something? I can't see any mention of unhooking mats. :unsure:

What is this obsession with unhooking mats? It's a match fishery. Match anglers do not wander off up the bank to put each fish on the ground and prat about taking photos. They unhook a fish in the net or lift it out and unhook it in their hand and drop it into the keepnet, it doesn't touch the ground at any time.

What is this obsession with unhooking mats? It's a match fishery. Match anglers do not wander off up the bank to put each fish on the ground and prat about taking photos. They unhook a fish in the net or lift it out and unhook it in their hand and drop it into the keepnet, it doesn't touch the ground at any time.

The obsession is not mine Colin, but seems to be one with many 'fisheries' these days, ( not to mention many AN members ;) ).

The fishery in question is made up of 8 'lakes/ponds', and covers match, 'pleasure' and specimen. It just seemed strange to me, that a fishery with so many 'do's and don'ts', failed to mention unhooking mats among their other rules.

Just for the record, it's the type of 'fishery' that doesn't appeal to me, and I wouldn't go there if someone paid me, (unhooking mats or not). :)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Wow, that is an impressive list of rules!

My favourite rule is no pellets except the ones they sell. They go on about theres are better and all that, but they are the same ones my local tackle shop sells. Well except for the prce, when they charge double the price <_<

84854438.png