Firefox2

Guest NickInTheNorth

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right I've reinstalled Firefox 2 and down the go faster stuff above, but now I have a more serious problem.

I am an administrator on a local area forum (powered by SMF) and in Firefox everything goes up the spout. I can view threads and posts, but all my options are completely incorrect. E.g. Modify post buttons are missing altogether and some option buttons are being randomly repeated in groups in all the wrong places.

However everything is still fine in IE.

Any ideas please?

Guest NickInTheNorth
Right I've reinstalled Firefox 2 and down the go faster stuff above, but now I have a more serious problem.

I am an administrator on a local area forum (powered by SMF) and in Firefox everything goes up the spout. I can view threads and posts, but all my options are completely incorrect. E.g. Modify post buttons are missing altogether and some option buttons are being randomly repeated in groups in all the wrong places.

However everything is still fine in IE.

Any ideas please?

Hi Lid

Sounds like a template issue with SMF, which template is being used? I use it a lot and have had absolutely no issues with FF2 and SMF. Also what version of SMF are you running?

Those options would only be visible once logged in. Are you definitely logged in as an admin?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks for the replies.

Elton - Yup I am definitely logged on as an Administrator. Even if I'm not logged in, the board is showing a few funnies.

Nick - We are using SMF 1.1 RC3. Not sure about the template as I am not the board owner and he sets that up.

Today the display errors are different again. I'll try and post some of the problems later.

I've downloaded the dictionary, but how do I invoke the spell checking functionality please?

Great! Thank you for the tips about speeding up Firefox. :clap2: I hope they don't block it when they realise that you have told everyone about it.

That "modification" has been around since Firefox 1.0 so I doubt they even care if you change it or not.

Thats the advantage of open source software :D