Has this ever happened to you ?

Miggy

I was just wondering if this has ever happened to any of you:

Have you ever been fishing 2 or more rods and one went off, and whilst you were playing the fish your second rod went off ?

luckily this has never happened to me but i was just wondering if it had to any of you?, and what you did

cheers fellas

Mitch

I was just wondering if this has ever happened to any of you:

Have you ever been fishing 2 or more rods and one went off, and whilst you were playing the fish your second rod went off ?

luckily this has never happened to me but i was just wondering if it had to any of you?, and what you did

cheers fellas

Mitch

Try three rods, two of mine & one of my mates.......bedlam! :blink:

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Talking about two rods going off, i was watching a kevin ________s DVD i picked up from the local cheap shop, thought it was worth a watch, as im just starting to get into carp fishing. it was a carp dvd.

Anyway, he had landed a 10lb carp, and unhooked it on the mat, and was showing the cameras as they do.

his second rod went of and he struck into that fiah leaving the other carp on the unhooking mat.

While playing that carp for a while, he bunddled the other carp into a weigh sling, and put this in the waters edge, about 5in deep. and then continued to land the other fish.

the fish was not totaly covered in water and must have been out of the water some time before that.

This then totaly put me off the enjoyment, of the dvd, as i was more worried about the carp in the bag.

What i was wondering, is, what would be the right thing to do in that situation, as im a novice carp angler, but coarse fished 30 years.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

It often happens on some waters when you're pike fishing. You have to make sure both fish are hooked rather than swallowing the bait - so strike both - then you wind in the one that feels biggest, leaving the other rod on the rests with the bail arm open. The one you leave often ends up sitting patiently on the bottom until you're ready to deal with it.