quantity vs quantity

chesters1

cheers found it and shredded two files ,fingers crossed ,adblock installed now

didnt pop up this post wink

Mind you on the playbook nothing pops up so i only noticed it using the pc uploading the file and peeking on here on it

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Your essentially using an hd format at 720. This is where your file size is coming from.

Think of the end user and what your playing the video on.

Standard dvd video is roughly 720*480. Up scaling DVD players will change that to suit the given tv it's being played upon.

look at films you download from iTunes etc...SD come in at about 1.5 gb...when you go HD that virtually doubles to 3 gb and beyond.

So, will people view your video full screen? Will it be burnt to dvd! Do you actually need full HD?

To be honest your going to be vastly better off investing in a good video editing suite! It will allow you not only edit effectively and add effects and text but also quickly and easily change your file formats and resolutions to fit your exact needs.

I now use Power Director http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/features_en_GB.html?&r=1

But Roxio NXT was also a good system http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/

They have the benefit of giving you a rough idea of the output file size of your footage and also take a lot if the yard work out of transcoding to other formats etc.

Those tools cost money though.

If you want something that is free chesters then have a look at Lightworks. It supports 4K and has been used on many Hollywood movies.

http://www.lwks.com/

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yes i downloaded that from the second cameras website ,strangely though as soon as i tried to use it it popped up with valuation time expired so deleted it.

All those hours uploading got a report from son it has an error and wont play grrrr

hmmm no error for me looking at it but the quality difference is huge between whats on my home PC dropbox and looking at the online dropbox perhaps watching it from there is different to downloading it to a PC and watching it from there?

actually movie maker isnt that bad under the save movie dropdown theres many options to how the file is saved ,halved the filesize but also cut the vid down to the last 8 minutes for about 300MB ,i can then look at it online then download it to compare them to the original

just tried another two resolutions 1080p which is (in my eyes) crisp and clear and more importantly is wide angle and 848x480 which is all i need ,good and crisp and unlike the crap glasses wide angle so your not guessing what the camera is looking at

the sile size is also manageable although surprising the 4 mins 16sec on the low res was 104MB! on the 1080p 2 mins was 217mb! ,will try the 720p and 848 at 60fps next! inboth cases without audio which helps keep the filesize smaller

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You don't need to shoot at 60fps, the human eye does not need much more than 25fps.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

true; but if you want to show slow motion or edit the file into something for NTSC compatibility etc then 60fps is a better shooting speed.

also there have been several studies in computer gaming and frame rates that state that even though the human eye cannot technically perceive more than 25fps, most viewers can notice a far smoother experience when watching footage at 60fps.

go figure.

http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

in the end 720@60fps is a far better resolution for shooting sports and action; some film directors are now deliberately fighting against the idea that 24fps is the way to shoot movies. The feeling being that at 24fps its far to constraining with modern tech and the way modern cameras are able to create motion aberrations etc at the lower frame rates

a lot of video buffs will now be sure to shoot different footage at different resolutions/speeds to ensure they are getting the footage that "feels" the best for their needs. ie 25fps for static/ landscapes etc and then boosting up to 60fps for fast footage or a lot of footage where smoother camera motion is required.

and a lot of other crap that's far to boring to talk about at this time of the morning! LOL

i left it running today when we went out filled a 16gb card ,the movie was 2hr 20 mins long and ofcourse the camera shut off when the card was full so the battery life is impressive and perfect for a couple of hours dirt fishing without having to turn it on and off all the time

getting it to playback at 60fps is down to the player itself

been installing a pair of network cables on my sisters machine and removing the wireless dongle as she has problems in her concrete house (virtual faraday shield with all its rebar etc) i wish i had her broadband ,56mb down, up 44 bitch

Edited by chesters1