Keith Speer

JV44

mentioned on another forum that he passed away last night RIP didn't know him personally but a fair angler esp with the float rod and zander lure fishing i believe RIP

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Keith Speer collapsed on his way back to his car after spending the day at his favourite stretch of the upper Lea.

I was very shocked, it was only a short while ago that I was talking to him.

He was a brilliant angler and his list of huge fish (of most species) was phenomenal. Only a few days earlier he had caught a 7lb plus Chub and his 17lb 15oz Barbel caught in the snow in December 2010 which earned him the Angling Times catch of the year award that year was only one of three double figure barbel that he'd caught that same week during one of the coldest Decembers we'd had for many years, and only one of the many huge Barbel that he'd had in his lifetime. He caught a lot of huge 2lb plus Roach too, and recently caught one of just under 3lb from one of our club waters. In fact he regularly caught very large specimens of many other species too, including Zander (his forum name was often 'ZanderMan').

A number of years ago Keith had made the decision to only fish using the float and the Centrepin and his catches have been truely remarkable, I find it unbelievable but Keith caught his near 18lb Barbel on just 5lb line and 3lb 6oz hooklength and size 18 hook trotting a stick on one of his float rods.

His regular trotting clinics for the club were always oversubscribed and he had a lot of respect from anyone who knew him.

I feel very privileged to have known him.

If Keith is reading this from a river up there; RIP Keith, you will be sorely missed.

Keith (BoldBear)

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

BB the pic of that Barbel in the snow is a bit special

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I had the pleasure fishing with him at britford in 2012 and had many discussions on BFW ,and took great fun ribbing him about him having his line on his centrepin the wrong way round (I recall he was insistant ,off the top was correct ) he was a nice guy and good company .

i'm going back to britford in june ,i'll give the swim he liked for roach a go .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve