Rod Rests?

StephenP

Hi Everyone.

I've recently started fishing again just using a basic float setup. The places I have fished have had wooden decking built up on the peg for the angler to sit at. I have a bank stick and a rod rest that I used to use however there it nowhere to "stick it in" so I've just been resting the rod at the side of me no problem. However I am now thinking of trying feeder fishing using a quiver tip to detect bites so I think a rod rest would be a good idea. How do other people get around this? I know you can get arms which come off boxes but I only have a basic shakespear box.

Thanks for any help.

A couple of ideas spring to mind, take a fully charged cordless drill and a 3/4 inch wood bit and make the odd hole here and there, sometimes a longer bankstick at the front of the boarding will work, or use your normal bankstick but off to one side of the decking if it's possible, you can also get a tripod head (made for angling) which needs three banksticks of whatever length you require to make the legs.

Theres a few option you could try some cost some dont

Firstly you could buy a octoplus leg set for your seat box, very handy and would recomend

Secondly you could purchase a rod pod like the Carp anglers use and in the uprights just use normal rod rest heads instead of buzz bars.

OK Cheap options a block of ply wood with a V sawn into it secured with another piece at the opposite end so when stuck together they form a letter T This makes an easy standing rod rest for flat surfaces. Altenatively just rest it on an empty bait box.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Simple - buy some longer banksticks. I prefer not to fish off platforms, but I have been for the last couple of seasons. I don't like pods (too inflexible, I want to separate my rods out so I have space to land fish, point the rods at the bait, or angle them away from each other).

The ones I bought are Dinsmore Arrowhead (e.g. here: http://www.bosfish.co.uk/PRODUCTS/metalwar...di050coarse.htm or ebay), the 30" ones. When fully extended they come up to my chest. Other types are even longer. Or you could use a storm pole intended for a bivvy/shelter, it's the same screw thread.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music