Lead Speed

Marginmaster

Super Arguments, but......

CAN IT BE DONE POll please

Oh and i didn't stipulate that it had to be a golf ball driven as hard as possible in a prefect trajectory, it could be a high lob shot where the trajectory would be inclinded more towards the verticle plane, meaning that the ball spead would be slow at the fulcrum of arc given greater oportunity to smack it with a lead.

Edited by Marginmaster

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Arguments, but......

CAN IT BE DONE POll please

In practise I would doubt it very much unless by pure luck. Golfers can be extremely accurate I know, hole in one etc, as can anglers when casting, often landing the cast within an inch or so of the mark intended if not spot on with some expert casters The ability `though to hit a moving object at high speed with another moving object, both being only a couple of inches or so, is stretching it a bit

Think you would need the rod fitted with a Nato laser sight or similar :D:D

Edited by stan4massey

Intentionally? Absolutely no way!

It would be impossible to work out the angles of trajectory and timing.It would be impossible to work out the "lead" (not in the weight sense!)required to hit a moving target.Yet alone be able to control the tackle enough to achieve it!

It would be impossible to hit a stationary target the size of a golf ball let alone a moving one.

In fact a bloody stupid thread! common sense tells you that it would be impossible,no need for explanations or pseudo science!

That said I did see a bird hit by a lead at a UKSF meet but to do it intentionally? Get real :lol::rolleyes::wallbash:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

No offence meant Marginmaster.Please accept my apologies if offence was taken.

Despite my words I thought the "smilies" would show that my reply was meant in the same way as the lads who tried to address the question from a "pseudo scientific" aproach.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Used to "hit" seagulls regularly at Dungie years ago :) They don't half explode :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic