munching

liamfish

At present most of my fishing is the non edible course variety (albeit I have eaten carp, eel, catfish etc, the latter i quite like)

Based on the recent news regarding the potential lifespan commercial fishing, how do people feel about fishing for the pot?

At present most of my fishing is the non edible course variety (albeit I have eaten carp, eel, catfish etc, the latter i quite like)

Based on the recent news regarding the potential lifespan commercial fishing, how do people feel about fishing for the pot?

Just out of interest what was carp like, I read somewhere that in Japan it's quite common (no pun intended!) for them to be eaten. Then again, they do eat some weird stuff :blink: What would you liken it to?

As stated on here many times, I don't have a problem with taking the odd fish for the pot , where allowed. (I usually wear full protective armour when saying it though) :)

In view of the plight of the sea fish stocks, I do think that we should change our eating habits though. In fact, I can think of a few places where a couple of trawlers taking carp, would improve the fishing a great deal. Just my personal opinion though. :whistling::whistling:

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

didnt taste too hot to be honest. rather earthy (mullet texture overpowering mud). i do believe that they are eaten a lot in china too. Not that I want to spark a row..... just a politically minded debate.

Is that correct regarding eating habits? it it not commercial money driven habits?

Just out of interest what was carp like, I read somewhere that in Japan it's quite common (no pun intended!) for them to be eaten. Then again, they do eat some weird stuff :blink: What would you liken it to?

The polish are probaly one of the biggest carp eaters, its their xmas dinner, where we have turkey, they have carp, and keep one of the scales from the carp, pop it into there purse or wallet as a good luck token for the year, probably like us with the wish bone on turkey.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

I think im my opinion, its supply and demand, and if the demand is there, i think most fish could be farmed for the pot, rather than taken from waters for the pot.

Lets keep the stock levels good in our waters so we can enjoy this great sport of ours.

I am a fish monger and probaly half the fish we sell these days are farmed. rather than taken as free fish as some people call them.

sean

woman want me, fish fear me

didnt taste too hot to be honest. rather earthy (mullet texture overpowering mud). i do believe that they are eaten a lot in china too. Not that I want to spark a row..... just a politically minded debate.

Is that correct regarding eating habits? it it not commercial money driven habits?

Once worked at the chinese embassy in Manchester where I saw the chef preparing a Carp for the table it was a masterpiece when he had finished pity it was gobbled up .

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame